Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Columbus may be losing independent alt rocker CD101 to Christian talk or music

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus may be losing independent alt rocker CD101 to Christian talk or music

This topic contains 131 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by hardhead hardhead 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    hardhead
    hardhead
    Login to Send PM

I moved away from Columbus a few months ago to start teaching media classes at a university in the Pacific NW. I came across this story in my morning news and didn’t see any discussion on CU after a cursory search. Sorry if it has already been posted.

http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2011/10/25/columbus-may-be-losing-independent-alt-rocker-cd101-to-christian-talk-or-music/

“Columbus, Ohio’s WWCD, which has been broadcasting with a modern rock format under the CD101 moniker since August of 1990, appears to be nearing the end of the line. RadioInsight.com reports Christian-focused Salem Media purchased two domain names that mirror CD101’s current frequency, 102.5 FM.”

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Well, that would suck. That’s the only station I really listen to around here. Maybe they would move to a different frequency and re-launch/re-brand? I think it’s kind of strange for it to still be called CD101 but on 102.5. And I know some areas don’t get good reception since they moved.

Stewz
    Stewz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CD 101/102.5 FM is the only station other than Satellite radio ones that I listen to here. I would be really disappointed if this happened. Don’t we already have a few Christian Stations in town?

UrbanAgent
    UrbanAgent
    Login to Send PM

This would be absolutely horrible! Hope this is not the case…

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That would be really terrible, it would be bad enough to lose the station and the shows they bring in to town, but lose it to some easter bunny loving religious un-offensive and boring crap, ugh.

This doesn’t seem right, I am on the outside looking in but CD101 seems to be doing great, new location, plenty of events…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

randy, help!

CD101fm
    CD101fm
    Login to Send PM

Hey everyone. This is Nate Ellis, Director of Marketing & Promotions at WWCD.

We have an LMA in place with Southeast Ohio Broadcasting, which we have been operating under since WWCD started broadcasting from 102.5. A sale of the station would not affect the LMA, and WWCD looks forward to continuing to provide independent radio to central Ohio listeners for years to come.

Unfortunately, that’s all I can say on the matter at this time. We will keep the board updated on any more news.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

nevermind

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CD101fm said:
    independent radio to central Ohio listeners for years to come.

Independent Christian radio?

Rodgers
    Rodgers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty said:
    Independent Christian radio?

Excellent catch and subsequent question.

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

LMA = Lease management agreement? Local management agreement? Leaky Main Antenna?

jimbach
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

chaptal said:
    LMA = Lease management agreement? Local management agreement? Leaky Main Antenna?

Lateral Metaphysical Adjustment.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Large Ministering Apparatus

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Lengthy Meticulous Advertisement.

CD101fm
    CD101fm
    Login to Send PM

LMA = Local Marketing Agreement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?