Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

Columbus Food Truck and Cart Festival 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Food Truck and Cart Festival 2011

This topic contains 115 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Columbus Food Truck and Cart Festival 2011

Friday, August 26 · 4:00pm – 10:00pm

Columbus Commons

The largest food craze trending every major city has become gourmet food trucks & carts. This unique style of street food has been exploding over the past year. We are bringing the best food trucks and carts in Columbus to one location and combining it with live entertainment and beers to create Columbus’s first Food Truck & Cart Festival. This festival is meant to showcase the delicious cuisine that is rolling out on our Columbus streets, taking place Friday August 26, 2011 at the brand new Columbus Commons.

FREE Admission, over 20 of central Ohio’s best food trucks and carts, portion of the proceeds benefit the Mid Ohio Food bank, Live Music, On-site beer sales, Games for kids and Families, Local vendor booths, raffle prizes including two tickets provided by Dreamseats to the upcoming Foo Fighters concert.

Columbus food truck fest committee is trying to promote the Mid Ohio food bank and raising canned goods awareness. We will be filling the CD101 mobile truck with donated canned goods. All canned goods will be donated to the mid Ohio food bank.

Fun is the simplest description. The atmosphere will be casual and laid back with great music, affordable food and drinks.

Food vendors already committed, more to be announced soon!

Families Mobile Kitchen

Leslie Crepes

3 Babes and a Baker

Munch Box

Earth Crust

Yellow Boy Polish Boys

Short North Bagel Deli

Cheesy Truck

Veggilicious

Spinellis Deli

Paddy Wagon

Rad Dog

Patty Cake

Jeni’s Ice Cream

Mojo TaGO

Dave’s Dogs & More

Mikey’s Late Nite Slice

The Pickled Swine

Lotsa Lobsta

Juniors Tacos

Make Believe Monsters presents:

Night of the Living Record (Volume 1), a local music compilation CD release party

Music Performances by:

Maza Blaska

Bicentennial Bear

The Forties

Six Panel Driver

http://www.facebook.com/FoodTruckandCartFest

http://www.twitter.com/foodtruckf​est11

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

geedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So, the organizers don’t speak Spanish, eh?

A bit disappointing to be taco-less. It’d be like going to a cart vendor festival in chicago and no one selling hot dogs.

cc
    cc
    Login to Send PM

geedeck said:

A bit disappointing to be taco-less. It’d be like going to a cart vendor festival in chicago and no one selling hot dogs.

I can’t check facebook to tell, but are there really no tacos out of 25 food carts and trucks?

I am thinking it is still 23 days aways so still plenty of time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Only 10 of 25 carts/trucks have been named to my knowledge.

geedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Super glad to hear they haven’t all been named. The cart scene here wouldn’t nearly be what it is without the taco trucks, imo.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geedeck said:

It probably has little to do with language issues.

The difficulty with getting the taco trucks out is that they aren’t easily able to be as mobile as the majority of the rest of the mobile vendors. Taco trucks pay rent for space on private lots and have an established customer base that expects them to be at their usual location. That makes it tougher to just pack up and abandon their loyal patrons for an unknown.

More than a few of them have been scammed by event organizers in the past (paying serious money for the right to sell at a ‘big’ event that ends up pulling under 100 people in total), so they’re often a bit hesitant.

Needless to say, I have every confidence that this event will be entirely above board, and I’m looking forward to it. It may feel a bit incomplete if there’s no Mexican fare, but I’m sure it’ll still be great.

hungrywoolf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I know there are some other trucks /carts interested if there is still space. Walker do you have the organizers contact info?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

hungrywoolf said:
    I know there are some other trucks /carts interested if there is still space. Walker do you have the organizers contact info?

Just send an email to Wolf at the SBB. ;)

OPKAG
    OPKAG
    Login to Send PM

We will def have a taco truck!!!! Updating the event details every day so please keep an eye out…We are really looking forward to a great event!!!

Gracias por su apoyo ;-)

brckrbloom
    Login to Send PM

Glad to see the Columbus Commons being utilized yet again. I’ve been impressed with the amount of programming/events held there in its first year.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I transfer buses across the street from the Commons, and the amount of activity at pretty much all times of day is really impressive. So glad to see this park being used and used well.

BTW< this event sounds fan f’ing tastic.

OPKAG
    OPKAG
    Login to Send PM

6 More Great Food Truck Additions!!!

Paddy Wagon
    Rad Dog
    Craig’s Cinnamon Buns
    Patty Cake
    Mojo TaGO
    Dave’s Dogs & More

OPKAG
    OPKAG
    Login to Send PM

Ladies and Gents Junior’s Tacos and Mikey’s Late Night Slice are now confirmed!!!

Junior’s Tacos

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Juniors-Tacos/102633403110962

Mikey’s Late Night Slice

http://www.facebook.com/latenightslice

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This is gonna be epic, I can feel it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.