Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

HighPoint at Columbus Commons

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development HighPoint at Columbus Commons

This topic contains 599 replies, has 102 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 600 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    I think it looks like this:

I hope the windows are closer to this then what the rendering shows.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m not understanding why they would want windows that small. And, I really hope the final product does not look like The Dakota, which is a feable attempt at mirroring historic architectural styles. That building is just plain and fugly.

jbcmh81
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:
    I’m not understanding why they would want windows that small. And, I really hope the final product does not look like The Dakota, which is a feable attempt at mirroring historic architectural styles. That building is just plain and fugly.

More red brick, uninspiring architecture.

Pro Se
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I quite like the Dakota and don’t see anything feeble about it.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think most of the complaints for the Dakota and the new Columbus Commons Apartments is that they seem a little strange….proportions are a little off, materials are a little weird, and appropriate details are lacking. It’s a result of architects/developers knowing very little about old architectural methodology and patterns in today’s ultra modern, starchitecture, design on a blank canvas architecture schools. It’s really unfortunate.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    I think most of the complaints for the Dakota and the new Columbus Commons Apartments is that they seem a little strange….proportions are a little off, materials are a little weird, and appropriate details are lacking. It’s a result of architects/developers knowing very little about old architectural methodology and patterns in today’s ultra modern, starchitecture, design on a blank canvas architecture schools. It’s really unfortunate.

It has to do with money and the bottom line.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The dirt is moving!

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Very exciting!!! Carter’s website says the opening is just over a year and 3 months away so I could see this moving quickly.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Excited the pieces are being developed so quickly, but really hoping it turns out better looking than the drawings have shown so far. With Moody Nolan on board though, I’m not entirely optimistic.

The last thing we need is half-assed crap on some of the most important land in the whole city.

hivner1
    Login to Send PM

:( that’s all

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

any news on an earthcam being setup for this?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    any news on an earthcam being setup for this?

Not that I’ve heard. But between you and me, we can probably get new photos every other day. ;)

They’ve got a big hole in the ground now!

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Its nice to see the developer moving so quickly on this project in comparison to some other projects around town.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?