Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

This topic contains 74 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  myliftkk 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was checking out the new site plan for the Fireproof building and noticed the end parcel has been filled with Chipotle.

http://www.1024northhigh.com/images/IMAGES_3/FIREPROOF_LEASING_PLAN.pdf

susank
    Login to Send PM

Not that exciting if you ask me. I wish there was a place for a few food trucks to camp out in the SN.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

It’s not been formally announced, so I’m not sure if it’s a 100% sure thing at this point.

They also show a logo on the map at the bottom of this page:

http://www.1024northhigh.com/Aerials.htm

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I didn’t see the logo at the bottom of that page…. but at about the bottom of that page is where there is already a Chipotle.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

About. Damn. Time. Next up… Columbus Commons?? I can dream.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Am I the only person living in the SN that ventures up to campus? There’s a Chipotle less than two miles up high street. Let’s not take up precious bar space here.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

mrsgeedeck said:
    Am I the only person living in the SN that ventures up to campus? There’s a Chipotle less than two miles up high street. Let’s not take up precious bar space here.

Chipotle does sell beer, no? ;)

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

another chain restaruant.

m’eh.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

susank said:
    Not that exciting if you ask me.

How about this instead?

http://www.columbusunderground.com/charcuterie-coming-soon-to-the-short-north

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve never seen so much hate on Chipotle. Have they jumped the shark?

Cbusbill
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

vestanpance said:
    I’ve never seen so much hate on Chipotle. Have they jumped the shark?

No, its just that there are some here that think they live in Portland and bash anything with more than one location or (gasp) owned by someone outside the outerbelt.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Cbusbill said:
    No, its just that there are some here that think they live in Portland and bash anything with more than one location or (gasp) owned by someone outside the outerbelt.

People want exciting things for the exciting neighborhood. I don’t think that’s a bad mindset.

That being said, I love Chipotle and wholeheartedly welcome them into a new development like this in the neighborhood. A mix of quality chains and quality local shops makes for a well rounded neighborhood.

And if nobody in the Short North wants it, I’ll gladly take a Chipotle over on East Long Street. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cbusbill said:

The District that is most prominent as being uniquely Columbus should focus on things that are…wait for it…uniquely Columbus. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Full disclosure, I also don’t like Chipotle.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Short North needs some “quick eats” places. I don’t always have time for a sit down meal. I’d be very excited for one to come in.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels said:
    The District that is most prominent as being uniquely Columbus should focus on things that are…wait for it…uniquely Columbus. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Full disclosure, I also don’t like Chipotle.

+1 I feel like the SN has worked hard to craft itself as a destination space where you find one of a kind (in Cbus’) shops and restaurants. While I agree with Walker about creating a well rounded neighborhood, is a Chipotle destined to be the next White Castle or even Donatos? While on the one hand those places are Columbus home grown, they do stick out in the neighborhood.

Also @Cbusbill, if its my neighborhood, and I’ve got the mortgage bill and tax bill to prove it, then yes, I do have a vested interest in how the neighborhood develops. If I wanted to live near a bunch of chains I would have saved myself 100k and moved next to a strip mall in the ‘burbs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?