Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

Cheesecake Boys Art Show, Fashion Show, Party!

Home Forums Events Art Events Cheesecake Boys Art Show, Fashion Show, Party!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by prich99588 prich99588 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    prich99588
    prich99588
    Login to Send PM

Cheeky look comes alive at opening party with artist Paul Richmond

and drag queen Nina West

5186182732_2f5e5f0e7d_z.jpg

The original Cheesecake Boy paintings of artist Paul Richmond, the appearance of nationally known drag queen Nina West and other surprise performances are on tap Dec. 2 at an evening of art, fashion and pin-up couture at the downtown Columbus Luxboheme Showroom, home to an eclectic mix of couture, vintage, and sustainable fashions.

Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind event that will bring “cheesecake” art alive! Richmond’s paintings feature male models humorously caught with their pants down in the tradition of classic pin-up girls. Cheesecake Boy models will showcase the cheeky looks that have made the cheesecake genre famous.

“I have great fun developing my Cheesecake Boy paintings,” said Richmond, “and I’m excited to team up with Luxboheme to share that infectious playfulness with all of our guests at the Cheesecake Boy Extravaganza!”

Surprise performances will begin at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Guests can also showcase their own pin-up potential in the “Pin-Up Yourself” instant photo booth. Proceeds from the booth will benefit the Kaleidoscope Youth Center in Columbus that is solely dedicated to supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.

Richmond will be selling his original paintings and his new book, “Cheesecake Boys: The Pin-Up Art of Paul Richmond.” His book details his artistic, behind-the-scenes photo references and more.

Richmond’s “Cheesecake Boy” paintings include collaborations with such celebrities as Jack Mackenroth, James St. James, and Perez Hilton.

Upon seeing the results of Richmond’s work, Perez Hilton wrote on his website, perezhilton.com, “This is soooo rad!!! Love it! Thank you Paul Richmond!”

Jack Mackenroth, fashion designer and “Project Runway” alum, inspired the painting “Size Matters,” and his photo reference will be included in a special behind-the-scenes presentation at the event.

“Paul’s amazingly talented and I love the final work,” Mackenroth said. “It depicts me measuring someone’s inseam as my pants ‘accidentally’ fall down. God that happens to me constantly. I should really think about putting zippers and buttons on my designs. Oh well. At least that ‘Buns of Steel’ video seems to be working.”

The show is from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Luxboheme, 232 N. 3rd St. Enter through barn door on Hickory Alley. Special performances start at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and include admission, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. A $50 ticket includes admission, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and autographed copy of “Cheesecake Boys: The Pin-Up Art of Paul Richmond.” Admission is limited. Purchase tickets at http://www.ColumbusIsGreat.com

The event is sponsored by Luxboheme, Outlook Columbus and Baskit.

5183075204_35391c983c.jpg

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Caught this on the Huffington Post:

Paul Richmond’s ‘Cheesecake Boys’ Features Men In Classic Pin-Up Poses (PHOTOS)

Ohio-based artist Paul Richmond puts an overdue twist on gender stereotypes with his “Cheesecake Boys” series, which casts hunky men in the mid-20th century style pin-up roles traditionally played by women.

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, photographer Mike Ruiz and comedian Alec Mapa are just a few of the well-known gay personalities to appear in Richmond’s saucy, tongue-in-cheek series, which the artist described as an “equal opportunity” approach to pin-up culture.

READ MORE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.