Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Cannoli's in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Cannoli’s in Columbus

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by VicVillage Guy VicVillage Guy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    VicVillage Guy
    VicVillage Guy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Does anyone know where I can pick up some good cannoli’s here in Columbus for a birthday party?

The Wayfarer
    The Wayfarer
    Login to Send PM

Good? No, not really. As much as I like Carfagna’s, their cannolis tend to be mushy, but that’s where I’d recommend in a pinch. The problem is that they’re prefilled with ricotta. They’re best when the shells are kept separate, and then filled with ricotta when served.

Corbo’s in Cleveland is my favorite, but I doubt that’d be convenient at all.

Hopefully someone else has a good alternative in Columbus. I’m interested myself.

hungrywoolf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I know they have them at Auddino’s (up near the fairground). I am not a cannoli expert but I thought they were good.

http://www.myitalianbakery.com/[/url]

When is the birthday? You could always go to the Italian Festival this weekend and try a bunch for comparison.

VicVillage Guy
    VicVillage Guy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the help. The party is this weekend. Does anyone know if Pistachio sells cannolis?

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

VicVillage Guy wrote >>
    Thanks for the help. The party is this weekend. Does anyone know if Pistachio sells cannolis?

I’m pretty sure they don’t. This might not help with such a short window, but Presti’s Bakery in Little Italy in Cleveland happens to have great cannoli. I’m not a fan of cannoli, but I’m a fan of THEIR cannoli. Maybe some could be shipped down?

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just saw cannolis somewhere in Columbus. I can’t remember exactly, but i want to say at the North Market. maybe try Caffe Daniela as well.

As HW stated before, go to the italian fest and pick some up. http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/italian-fest-2009 it

it looks like Corbos bakery is going to be a vendor there

http://www.yelp.com/biz/corbos-bakery-cleveland

hungrywoolf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

VicVillage Guy wrote >>

If you mean Pistacia Vera – no – here is the menu, but there are lots of delicious things you could take instead.

They have some new fall things on the menu – I can’t wait to try the gingerbread macarons.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Does Pastaria in the North Market have them? I thought they did…

mikegetsit
    Login to Send PM

Growing up i would buy tubs of canoli cream pre made at the local italian grocer and sit with the tub and eat it by the spoonful. It was the greatest thing ever!!! That is how i got my 6′ 1″ 215lb frame of all fat.

lisathewaitress
    lisathewaitress
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Whole Foods has decent ones, but they suffer from being dipped in chocolate and too sweet.

Mr. Waitress was in Italy a few years ago and became something of a cannoli aficionado. He’s been searching for something close ever since, and says the ones at Basi Italia are a very close approximation. I am sure they would sell you a bunch if you call in advance.

mikegetsit
    Login to Send PM

Very simple solution to this problem call this number 212-226-6150. Best canolis in america and they will ship them to you, problem solved.

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

+1 on the cannoli from Basi Italia. Best I’ve had in Columbus.

This is also a good chance to make your own. Find a recipe and give it a shot.

michaelcoyote
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I see this thread and I keep thinking.. “Cannoli’s is a dumb name for an Italian Restaurant”

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    I see this thread and I keep thinking.. “Cannoli’s is a dumb name for an Italian Restaurant”

+1

I’d like to see a bar named “Apostrophe’s”

well, not really

laChewla
    laChewla
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

You know Italian Festival is this weekend. You could probably just swing by there before the party if you’re really in a pinch.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?