Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

CALLING ALL "WENDY"s (Setting a world record in Columbus)

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events CALLING ALL “WENDY”s (Setting a world record in Columbus)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LeslieCK 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

LeslieCK
    Login to Send PM

Long story short, my friend Jake has a TV show on ABC http://www.edgewithjake.com/ … him and I are going to be in Columbus next Thursday and have decided that, because Ohio is the home of Wendy’s, we’re going to set a world record by bringing the most women named Wendy for a lunch at a Wendy’s. Why? Cause it’s fun! Obviously the lunch will be on us. So far we have 20 Wendys, but we need 100. And that’s where you come in….

Think you could help spread the word? We’ve started a facebook group for the event http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131992471341 we need any and all Wendys in the area to join… and come… and eat… and be a part of this record setting event!

By the way, we’re giving away two, round trip, first class airline tickets on the spot to help get people out (Wendys or not), but we need more Wendys. Spread the word!

LeslieCK
    Login to Send PM

Here are some updated details:
    DATE: This Thursday, October 1st
    ADDRESS: Wendy’s, 3906 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH 43219

Help us spread the word. Quick. If this is going into the record books, we need at least 50…

Pls join the group and, if you’re name is Wendy, RSVP to afaq.tariq@edgewithjake.com

Long story short, my friend Jake Sasseville & friends (from THE EDGE WITH JAKE http://www.edgewithjake.com/) are going to be in Columbus and have decided that, because Ohio is the home of Wendy’s, we’re going to set a world record by bringing the most women named Wendy for a lunch at a Wendy’s. Why? Cause it’s fun!

Obviously the lunch will be on us. So far we have 20 Wendys, but we need 100. Things to know:
    -If you come, lunch is on us!
    -Even better you’ll be entered to win two, round trip, first class tickets on AirTan. Jake will give them away over lunch (nothing’s funner than a giveaway).
    -Best of all, you’ll get to meet a bunch of local Wendys at a Wendy’s and set a world record in the process. How fun is that?

event http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131992471341

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

Yeah, sure, for a free meal you can call me Wendy

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Leslie, you happened to mention free food when it has recently been disparaged here in other threads (see tastecasting).

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

But it’s not free food in exchange for bombarding your friends and followers with bogus good reviews.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

yeah, nothing wrong with some free food if all you gotta do is be named “Wendy”.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Long long ago my sister worked for a florist shop and she made a delivery to the actual Wendy that the chain was named after.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

does she really look like the logo?

LeslieCK
    Login to Send PM

Does she live anywhere around here??? How fabulous to get THE Wendy!

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Where is Wendy now?[/url]

Jimbo Jones
    Jimbo Jones
    Login to Send PM

Not to be a spoil-sport, but this strikes me as the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

Agreed. I am all for records that actually prove you can do something, these “most people between the ages of 14-73 with brown hair in a phone book in under 60 seconds” sorts of records really bother me.

LeslieCK
    Login to Send PM

It’s just supposed to be fun. No harm in that, right?

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

It’s easy to bash someone elses idea.

Jimbo Jones
    Jimbo Jones
    Login to Send PM

Tenzo wrote >>
    It’s easy to bash someone elses idea.

Yes, it is easy to bash someone’s idea, particularly when that idea is utterly foolish.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.