Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Cab fare estimator?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Cab fare estimator?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  honavery 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

honavery
    Login to Send PM

Does anyone know of a website that will do this? For multiple cities? Seems like it wouldn’t be that difficult, but I can’t find anything except for specific cab companies to specific cities, and only a handful .

Failing this, does anyone know the rate for Columbus? I could guesstimate it pretty well myself if I had the rate.

Thanks!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I’ve never seen anything like this, but you’re right… it wouldn’t be hard to make. 8) Hrmm….

Brewmaster
    Brewmaster
    Login to Send PM

I remember seeing an article a few months ago in the dispatch about the fare rates. It was in really goofy units like “$0.XX per two-ninths of a mile”.

honavery
    Login to Send PM

I found this on the CMH website, but getting a cab from airport is a bit different I think.

http://www.port-columbus.com/parking/transportation/taxis.asp

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Hrmmm… those are some weird prices…

Why is downtown listed as $21-24 while the State Capitol Building (downtown) is listed as $16-19?

Anne & I took a cab from German Village to the Airport back at the beginning of June and i don’t remember it being over $20 after tip.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Here is what I found real quick and I searched around on their site to see if I could find what they actually passed, but I couldn’t yet.

June 28, 2006 Contact: Scott Varner

Phone: (614) 645-6798

Public Hearing set to Review Rates for Columbus Taxi Cabs

For more than six years, the rates charged by taxi cab drivers in Columbus have remained unchanged. Recently, City Council received a request for a rate adjustment from the City’s Vehicle for Hire Board – the entity that oversees taxi cabs in the City of Columbus.

Prior to Council’s consideration of the requested adjustment, Councilmember Michael C. Mentel, chair of the Safety Committee, will ask for input from the community when he hosts a public hearing on Thursday, July 6.

After comparing rates to those of other Ohio cities and comparably-sized cities outside of Ohio, the Vehicle for Hire Board determined that a rate increase is both “reasonable and warranted” in order to ease the financial burden on taxicab drivers who are otherwise required to absorb increased fuel and operating costs.

Under the proposal, the taximeter rate for the first one-ninth mile would go from $2.00 to $2.75 and from $.40 to $.45 for each additional two-ninths mile. Additional rates would also change.

Public comment will be taken at the hearing, July 6 at 4:00pm, in the Council Chambers of City Hall. Residents wishing to comment must fill out a speaker slip prior to the start of the meeting. Also, public comment can be made online to Councilmember Mentel’s office at http://www.columbuscitycouncil.org.

What

Public Hearing on Proposed Taxi Cab rate increase

Who

Councilmember Mentel

Event Specific Information

Date: July 6, 2006

Time: 4:00 PM

Columbus City Hall

Columbus City Council Conference Room, 226

90 West Broad Street

Columbus, OH 43215

honavery
    Login to Send PM

Why is it in ninths of a mile? So silly, if they made it tenths it would be so much easier to work with.

Thanks for the info Anne.

Brewmaster
    Brewmaster
    Login to Send PM

Looking at the rates posted above in the airport link, it looks like they got the $0.45 that they were looking for.

cahill
    Login to Send PM

I know it cost me around $30 to go from the airport to Pickerington. And i agree, why 9ths?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?