Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

C Note Art Show opens tonight (so here is a teaser of the space)

Home Forums Events Art Events C Note Art Show opens tonight (so here is a teaser of the space)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Coreroc Coreroc 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

26741_1419146159056_1244711515_1194701_6419199_n.jpg

The Event Details:

What: The C Note Art Show

When: April 9th from 7pm till 11pm ($15 admission for this preview event)

April 10th from Noon to Midnight(admission free but donations gladly accepted.

April 11th From noon to 5pm for the Scavenger sale of the works that remain and pick up of any purchased works.

Where: Junctionview Studios

889 Williams Ave

Grandview, Oh. 43212

Information:www.cnoteartshow.com http://www.junctionviewstudios.com

Happy April 9th to all of those viewing Columbus Underground. Today marks the opening of the Spring 2010 C Note Art Show being held at Junctionview Studios in Grandview. For those unfamiliar the C Note Art Show presents all original 2d and 3d works of art made by local artists and everything in the building is $100. In turn the entire sale ammount goes directly back into the pockets of local artists. The event in it’s 4th showing has provided over $50,000 for local artists and has become one fo the single best fund raising events that directly impacts those involved.

This year over 250 artists and more than 400 paintings that range in size from 4 x 4 inches to mini murals that are 8 x 12 feet will be for sale all weekend starting tonight Friday the 9th at 7pm. This morining I walked into the studio and Jacquie Mahan was sneaking apeak and commented that the show looks amazing and the price point was a huge deal for even an experienced collector let alone a first time buyer. That said below you will find some teaser images from the show and more images from the event shall follow. If you have any question please feel free to email cnoteartshow@gmail.com and I will respond as soon as I can and for a map, online gallery, and dates and time check out http://www.cnoteartshow.com

cnoteteaser4.jpgcnoteteaser3.jpg

cnoteteaser2.jpg

cnoteteaser5.jpg

cnoteteaser7.jpg

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

You’re such a tease…

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Sorry! haha

DonnaTate
    DonnaTate
    Login to Send PM

I was helping set up and I must admit, it looks amazing! I found at least 10 to 15 pieces I would love to own :)

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Can’t wait to see the mural wall in person, but it looks good from here! Love utilizing that wall in that way.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DonnaTate wrote >>
    I was helping set up and I must admit, it looks amazing! I found at least 10 to 15 pieces I would love to own :)

You guys coming out for preview night? I think I’m helping MBush at the door later, but I’ll probably be farting around and attempting to help around 8ish.

sjf
    sjf
    Login to Send PM

We (wife and I) stopped by today a little after 12 to get there before the crowds. The doors were locked and none of the outside gates at the front were open. We waited around for a few minutes before leaving. We were disappointed and a little upset that we went out of our way to find that the posted hours weren’t being observed.

I hate to be a downer; we enjoy this event, having brought home art in the past. I guess we’ll wait for Agora and come a little later.

LauraA
    Login to Send PM

sjf wrote >>
    We (wife and I) stopped by today a little after 12 to get there before the crowds. The doors were locked and none of the outside gates at the front were open. We waited around for a few minutes before leaving. We were disappointed and a little upset that we went out of our way to find that the posted hours weren’t being observed.
    I hate to be a downer; we enjoy this event, having brought home art in the past. I guess we’ll wait for Agora and come a little later.

I personally wasn’t there at noon but a lot of people I know were and it was open. Are you sure you had the right building? I’m confused by the gate comment. Junctionview doesn’t have any gates. Sorry you were unable to attend.

A nice turnout of people the last few days, thanks to everyone that has come out or plan to today! I’ll be hanging in my studio, come by and say hi, if you do.

sjf
    sjf
    Login to Send PM

LauraA,

I probably used the wrong description. I know there’s a door and at least one old loading bay (at least that’s what it looks like near the b-ball rim) that I’ve used to enter the studios in the past.

Glad the event had good turnout.

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was there at 12:05 on Saturday and it was open… There were about 15 people inside. Odd?

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

sjf wrote >>

Just for the record the event was open a good 10 minutes before noon and I let the folks that were waiting in the parking lot in the building early. Sorry if you had any issue, but I assure you that the entire building and all 3 doors front, side, and rear were open and unrestricted for entrance. We even kept the show open until about 1:15 am.

sjf
    sjf
    Login to Send PM

Oh well, I’ll strike it up to bad luck. Like I said above, we’re planning on attending Agora.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

SJF we hope to see you there!!

Also to all those that either helped by volunteering or helped by attending and buying artwork. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!. The show was again a huge sucess this time brining in close to if not just over $20,000 from c note sales and out of studio sales. The crowds were just enought o keep the building moving with energy, but only a few time reached numbers where it was hard to view the works.

There were many people that dropped in such as Jacquie Mahan, Curtis Taft, Roy Hall, and other notable local a listers that made the event feel like a great destination for the weekend. With all said and done hopefully I can squeeze out another C Note later in the year. This will all depend on what happens with Wonderland and how we choose to move or retain events like Agora and C Note with Junctionview and the folks who maintian that buiilding.

Seriously Thanks to all that supported!!!

jenlauren
    jenlauren
    Login to Send PM

Great show and really looking forward to Agora.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I had such a fun weekend. I <3 Junctionview!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.