Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Bullying | Does anyone care?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Bullying | Does anyone care?

This topic contains 113 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  OneBagTravel 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Tagged

bullying

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Schoolboy said:
    Extremist Baptist church members from Alabama… actually fairly tame for them. Not at all surprising.

CNN host Carol Costello pretty much tosses the gay-obsessed tinfoil hat wearing loon off the air. If you ask me she was being too nice. The not-subtle subtext of these nutbags is that kids SHOULD bully other kids and anyone who tries to stop that is “a bully” themselves. Total f*cking douchebag.

Anyway, there is the amusing video on this page.

http://www.610wiod.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10499382

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s a reference to the SA, or Brown Shirts, in the early Nazi days. The SS murdered them.

A number of the SA leaders, including Röhm, were homosexuals. Prior to the purge, Hitler for the most part ignored their behavior because of their usefulness to him during his rise to power. However, their usefulness and Hitler’s tolerance had now come to an end. Later, their homosexual conduct would be partly used as an excuse for the murders.

Long story:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h-roehm.htm

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great story about a football team protecting a special needs girl from bullies:

Football team protects special needs girl

AmyArt21
    AmyArt21
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geoyui said:
    Christian group protests anti-bullying day in schools

How is a day focused on anti-bullying pushing a homosexual agenda?

Because extreme right-wing Christian groups are essentially bullies.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geoyui said:
    Sadly, some bullies never grow up.

43 year old Canton man teases girl with cerebral palsy, gets a month in jail

The only thing more shocking to me than the content of this article is finding out a kid I was in second grade with was the defense attorney.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Here’s a heartbreaking story about a 14 year old Utah boy who came out to his family and later committed suicide on school grounds after being bullied by fellow classmates.

Utah family hopes son’s legacy keeps other gay students from ending their lives

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Horrid. SO glad I’m in a position to be a reporter and protector for some of these kids.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So sad to hear this kind of news. 11-year-old London girl commits suicide

Hailey’s parents, Melinda Groce and David Petee, told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) on Sunday that their daughter has been teased and bullied recently. They are putting out a call to action for it to stop.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geoyui said:
    So sad to hear this kind of news. 11-year-old London girl commits suicide

Hailey’s parents, Melinda Groce and David Petee, told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) on Sunday that their daughter has been teased and bullied recently. They are putting out a call to action for it to stop.

Sad thing is, a friend of mine who goes to the same school with me know their family.

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Christ, that’s too young to give up on life. It’s too young to be so egregiously cruel to a peer. It’s too young to be a parent forced bury a child. So much is wrong here.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What is a kid supposed to do? They probably don’t live down the street from friends anymore, next to any kind of real nature, or next door to grandma, it’s just go to school/come home and play on the computer or watch TV full of critical images of sexy or cool characters. That’s a small world and bullies play an outsized role in it. Of course bullies have always sucked, but it feels like the links joining kids to people who might enforce a more positive self-image are disappearing. Children also aren’t encouraged to take on physical and mental responsibility that builds self-esteem and character.

In a 1985 survey, people said they had on average about 3 confidantes, people that they could speak to from their heart and share the joys and sorrows of living. The same survey taken a few years ago? Zero confidantes.

Want to stand up against bullying? Love a kid, be available to a kid, make a kid know that you see them as someone with inherent value, that they delight you with their uniqueness, that you’re a safe and reasonable person, that you face challenges too, that you’re proud of their real achievements and you’ll help them learn to cope with their disappointments.

What matters more than ever, in our culture, is surface. Bullies and popularity can control the surface, the perception of people, and then the deeper traits of a kid can be lost if there’s no one there to help them see the value in those deeper talents and attributes.

Bullying doesn’t just hurt the bullied, either. It also hurts the bullies.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The school superintendent told 10TV that “We are in a sensitive mode, I am aware of bullying, but now is not the time to deal with it.”

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/01/28/london-parents-friends-talk-about-suicide.html

Now is exactly the time to deal with it.

bjx
    bjx
    Login to Send PM

Yawn. Just another day in this fucked-up country.

Just give your grief a couple of days until something else so unfathomable and outrageous upsets you. I have fucking had it with this bullying shit; it doesn’t even matter who you were or your friends were as a kid and that almost no pre-college schooling even matters, and yet these dear children are killing themselves over it.

I am probably the only one who loves expansive gun rights for the simple reason that it finally gives some of these poor children leverage against bullies. I am not advocating “Goin’ Lanza!” but I would have loved to have taken care of some of my bullying issues when I was a kid. Not only do you get a soft sentence if found guilty & NOBODY ever fucks with you again but you are helping society by taking-out likely future criminals who were bullies as children (this would have included Mitt Romney).

I emailed Ellen Degeneres with the details of this case so hopefully she may give this girl’s family some gifts in their time of need. Or I guess I could have just read “Footprints in the Sand”…

Fucking Bible Bullshit! Where the fuck was your Jesus Christ when this girl was being bullied or killed herself? Fucking idiots. LOL.

Coy
    Coy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels said:

The school superintendent told 10TV that “We are in a sensitive mode, I am aware of bullying, but now is not the time to deal with it.”

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/01/28/london-parents-friends-talk-about-suicide.html

Now is exactly the time to deal with it.

Or how about when the parents complained to the school…

So tired of hearing the same old story.
    School is too scared to do anything with the parents of bullying students, generally cause they are bullies themselves, or absent, and yet also manage to ignore the pleas from parents of students being bullied.

Administrators need to start getting the can, and parents need to be required to sign off on the acceptable behavior level of their child and clear consequences laid out (for child AND parent).

What a jacked up culture we live in when we have 11yr olds turn to suicide.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?