Lets get a little more fantasy here.
Ten Things you would change if you were Mayor
1. Transit. Make it less car dependent and focus on other forms such as light rail, bus, and biking
2. Removal of on street surface parking lots. Makes the city look less dense.
3. Completely revamp West Broad Street with Bike lanes, Light rail track, and bulldoze all structures that are violation of codes.
4. Encourage more Condo/apartment skyrises in the city. Minimum 150 feet.
5. More cultural or artwork concepts along the river with more shopping. Downtown Aquarium between Rich and Main Street south of COSI that encourages late night hours Thursday-Saturday.
6. Push for Companies and sport teams relocation. To encourage more private or major companies to move into downtown and not out in the burbs. Try and get a basketball team to relocate into Nationwide Arena to have activity in the Arena District 24/7 365 days a year.
7. Create more large public places that encourages people to come downtown.
8. Create stronger neighborhoods near downtown to encourage more inner city growth (KLD, Olde Town East, Franklinton, hilltop, and Driving Park).
9. Cap or remove major highways around downtown. Also to landscape highways and use cost savings methods that doesn't need grass or branches to be cut monthly.
10. Create a big, creative WELCOME TO COLUMBUS! sign with pictures of Ohio State, Columbus Zoo, State house, Blue jackets, Clippers, Crew, Festivals, German Village, and everything else that makes Columbus Great.
If you want to change things in this town, you wouldn't want to be mayor. You'd be better off owning the Dispatch or having Wexner as your last name.