Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

British grocery in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A British grocery in Columbus?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by desecration desecration 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    desecration
    desecration
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Would anyone happen to know if there is a British grocery store in Columbus? I tried to Google a bit for information but could not come up with anything. Even if there is another grocery that has a specialty British section, that may work too.

Thanks for any info.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anything specific you are looking for?

I can’t recall, but Giant Eagle has an international aisle at many of its stores. World Market may be another place to check.

The Hegemo
    The Hegemo
    Login to Send PM

Giant Eagle in Grandview has a small British section. Some of the Meijer stores have British sections as well — I’m pretty sure the Sawmill and Reynoldsburg stores do.

Jungle Jim’s in Fairfield has a large British section.

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

World Market in the Lennox Center has several aisles dedicated to British goodies. :D

desecration
    desecration
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thank you for the replies and suggestions!

I am trying to put together a little varierty of offerings similar to what you’d find at an English tea time for the opening reception.

I could not find Devonshire Cream but after seeing how it was made I did not want to hunt for it any more. :)

Ashland
    Login to Send PM

it is not hard to make. sour cream and whip cream together basically.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

being English I sometime too get a craving from old British food (even if it’s the butt of many jokes). The best place to get imports I have found is in Dayton. http://www.basically-british.com/ They are a whole store just for British foods and sweets.

We had a great one in the North market years ago that had awesome pork pies………. but it’s gone.

hope that helps

jazzypants
    jazzypants
    Login to Send PM

I’m pretty sure Walmart *gasp!* has a small Brittish section as well. I tried spotted dick for the first time last summer and I’m pretty sure that’s where I bought it. (spotted dick is pretty much the same as boston brown bread- blech) That’s where I finally found korma sauce too! Not in the Asian sections- in the British section- sheesh! Honestly!

cvillebill
    Login to Send PM

I saw Devonshire Cream at Whole Foods Upper Arlington. It’s on the top shelf of the small oval-shaped refrigerated case across from the cheese department.

Cheers!

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

India Grocers

5839 Sawmill Road, Dublin, OH

or

Sher-E-Punjab :lol:

Ndcent
    Ndcent
    Login to Send PM

Mmmm…

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ndcent wrote Mmmm…

You want some bangers and mash with your spotted dick?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?