Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Goodale Park Fountain - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Goodale Park Fountain – News & Updates

This topic contains 346 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by lazyfish lazyfish 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I will happily chip in my portion (what is it, a 1/10th of a penny?) to fill the pond – it’s a great amenity for Columbus.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pablo said:
    I will happily chip in my portion (what is it, a 1/10th of a penny?

Probably not even that much. Hey, firetruck, I’ll paypal that $0.001 over to ya so you won’t have to worry about it.

FireEngine
    FireEngine
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

A private entity (Friends of Goodale Park) using a public resource (treated City water) should have to pay for those resources. Using the City’s price guide for filling a swimming pool, you’re looking at around $35,000 worth of water. You might say FoGP should get a freebie since they are improving the City’s park, but that freebie was last fall. Might be OK with you, but it tweaks me the wrong way.

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It would be free if everyone brought their dogs down to pee in it instead.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

maybe it’ll be less water to fill up now due to the oversized ugly as fuck fountain?

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s working and maybe less than hideous with water spraying and cascading out of it.

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It does look a lot better with water coming out

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

FireEngine said:
    A private entity (Friends of Goodale Park) using a public resource (treated City water) should have to pay for those resources. Using the City’s price guide for filling a swimming pool, you’re looking at around $35,000 worth of water. You might say FoGP should get a freebie since they are improving the City’s park, but that freebie was last fall. Might be OK with you, but it tweaks me the wrong way.

The city itself owns the park not FoGP. Its the city filling its own pool. I doubt the city rec centers pay the city to fill their city owned pools either. *shrug*

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

Excited to hear we will have a pond this summer.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I have not had a chance to look this weekend. Does the pond appear to be retaining the water correctly now? Has the leak been fixed?

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ah. that does look pretty good with the water going. All that mist is going to feel pretty cool for a short ways downwind on those hot comfest days.

howatzer
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ehill27
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

^ Is that good or bad?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 348 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?