Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Brewery District 6 story self-storage

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Brewery District 6 story self-storage

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Jason Powell Jason Powell 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Edwards must’ve liked the potential income from self-storage after watching the evolution on Long St. because an affiliate of theirs is proposing a 6 story (5 above ground) edition in the Brewery District on the SE corner of Short & Liberty/across from Columbus Brewing Company. Assuming this will be simple red brick but still curious to see a rendering.
    From the November BDC agenda http://columbus.gov/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=84208

4. 15-11-6
    No Address (Corner of Liberty and Short Streets)
    Brexton, LLC (Applicant) TOW, LTD. (Owner)
    An application, photographic rendering, and photos have been submitted.
    Conceptual Review
    • Proposed construction of 6-story (1 story below grade and 5 above grade), approximately 84,750-sqft self-storage facility. The facility would contain approximately 700 storage units.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not extremely exciting, but always good to see another parking lot disappear in that area.

I often wonder (every time I go to Kroger) when Grange will decide to develop their big 4 acre parking lot at the SW corner of Bank & Sycamore, in between Brewers Yard Apartments and Kroger. I believe they only use it for employee parking by day and public parking on nights and weekends, but it could absolutely be worth so much more if developed into a garage-office-commericial-residential building. Higher up floors would have great views looking north into Downtown and west toward the Audubon and river, while residents would highly value having the Brewer’s Yard Kroger a mere 30-second walk away.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Not extremely exciting, but always good to see another parking lot disappear in that area.

I often wonder (every time I go to Kroger) when Grange will decide to develop their big 4 acre parking lot at the SW corner of Bank & Sycamore, in between Brewers Yard Apartments and Kroger. I believe they only use it for employee parking by day and public parking on nights and weekends, but it could absolutely be worth so much more if developed into a garage-office-commericial-residential building. Higher up floors would have great views looking north into Downtown and west toward the Audubon and river, while residents would highly value having the Brewer’s Yard Kroger a mere 30-second walk away.

+1
    Throw in a pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks to the Audubon too!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

As long as they make it fairly attractive I say go for it. It’s not exactly a major street anyway.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Lack-of-emoticon-thumbs-up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.