Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

"Breakfast With Nick: Columbus" - bookstores, signings, & ordering!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion "Breakfast With Nick: Columbus" – bookstores, signings, & ordering!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BreakfastwithNick 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just wanted to share that my book, Breakfast With Nick: Columbus, is now fully released and available. I hope that both seasoned Columbus residents and visitors alike will find it helpful in discovering our unique and local breakfast, brunch, coffee, and donut shops! If you wanted to pick up a copy (maybe as a Christmas gift?), here are the best ways to get it:

1. You can purchase a copy online through my website. The book is $20 (plus tax in Ohio), $5 for shipping first copy (an additional $2/copy for two or more).

2. You can also find the book at the following bookstores, restaurants, and shops:

Beehive Books – 25 N. Sandusky St, Delaware

The Best Breakfast & Sandwiches – 5916 Westerville Rd, Westerville

The Book Loft – 631 S. Third St, German Village

Buckeye Donuts – 1998 N. High St, campus

Cambridge Tea House – 1885 W. Fifth Ave, Marble Cliff

Celebrate Local – 4030 The Strand East, Easton

Cover to Cover – 3560 N. High St, Clintonville

Cup O’ Joe – Bexley, Clintonville, Easton, German Village, downtown, Short North, airport, & Lennox

DK Diner – 1715 W. Third Ave, Grandview

The Hills Market – 7860 Olentangy River Rd., Worthington

Igloo Letterpress – 39 W. New England Ave, Worthington

Jack’s Sandwich Shop – 52 E. Lynn St, downtown

Katalina’s Cafe Corner – 1105 Pennsylvania Ave, Harrison West

Stauf’s Coffee Roasters – 1277 Grandview Ave, Grandview

Tasi Cafe – 680 N. Pearl St, Short North

Whole Foods – 3670 W. Dublin-Granville Rd, Dublin

Wholly Craft – 3169 N. High St, Clintonville

3. Find a book-signing and buy one in person. I’d love to meet you! These are a few of the upcoming signings. Stay tuned for more by looking at the events page on my site.

Friday, December 2, 9-11a – Crimson Cup Coffee Shop, 4541 N High St.

Saturday, December 3, 9a-3p – North Market, 59 Spruce St.

Saturday, December 3, 7-10p – ZenCha Tea Salon, 982 N High St. – during Holiday Hop

Friday, December 16, 5p – Whole Foods Dublin, 3670 W. Dublin-Granville Rd, – 5 After 5 wine tasting

I’m excited for CUers especially to see the book!

Nick

http://breakfastwithnick.com

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

All set up at Crimson Cup this morning – stop by!

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m at North Market all day today, and then at ZenCha Tea Salon during Holiday Hop, from 7-10pm!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Breakfast with Nick
    Just scheduled! I’ll be signing/selling books this Sunday, December 11 at North Market from 12-5pm.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for posting that, Anne!

This Saturday, December 10, I’ll be at Tasi Cafe from 9a-12p, and then at Celebrate Local from 12:30-4p.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hey Nick, why is Anne signing your book? ;)

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I got tired of it, Jimmy, so I had Anne practice forging my signature. Gives me a much-needed break.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m doing one last in-person book signing today at Whole Foods Market in Dublin. Come see me from 10a-4p.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great book, Nick! I’m so proud of you taking your blog and turning it into hard copy. I have to agree it’s the perfect gift for locavores – it’s locally written and about local content, and locally printed. And if you include a few gift certificates from a few featured restaurants, it makes a really special Christmas gift because food is so close to our hearts.

Nick signing (or clapping?) at the North Market

Breakfast Book viewing – look at all the great restaurants!

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nick is one of two bloggers featured in Spring 2012 ASCENT magazine, the departmental magazine from The OSU College of Arts and Sciences.

From the intense outdoor adventure seekers to the self-proclaimed breakfast foodies, Arts and Sciences alumni Nicholas Dekker and Michael Evans are using social media to celebrate and explore the unexpected pleasures of Ohio with their blogs: Breakfast with Nick, and OHventures.

For Nicholas Dekker, breakfast isn’t just the the most important meal of the day, it’s also the most delicious. With hundreds of local restaurants and diners each serving up their own unique breakfast style, Dekker has discovered that Columbus is the perfect place for the breakfast connoisseur. “Breakfast can be solidly traditional or endlessly innovative. It features a wide range of foods: sweet and savory, light and heavy, fruits and meats, dairy and starches, vegetables and proteins.”

Inspired by his passion for breakfast food and love of Columbus, Dekker, a lecturer in the Department of Theatre, began Breakfast with Nick after completing graduate school at Ohio State in June 2007. “Most people are unaware that Columbus has a fascinating breakfast and brunch scene. This city has so much to offer and I want people to go out and experience these unique local places for themselves.”

The thriving success of Dekker’s blog ultimately led to his book, Breakfast with Nick: Columbus, which serves as a guide to the coffee shops, donut shops, and restaurants serving up tasty breakfast fare in Columbus. Dekker’s food blog and book have garnered him local attention from the Columbus Dispatch, Writers Talk, Columbus Alive, Columbus Crave, Good Day Columbus, WCBE Foodcast, and The Lantern. Recently, he was featured as one of Columbus Business First’s “Forty Under 40” honorees.

http://artsandsciences.osu.edu/ascent/2012/spring-2012/ready-set-blog

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

upcoming event tonight!
    Meet local author and food blogger Nicholas Dekker at Bexley Public Library on Wednesday, July 18 from 7-8:30 p.m. He will talk about his blog; the making of his book, Breakfast With Nick: Columbus; and why he loves breakfast so ridiculously much. He will be available to sign books after the discussion. He has a weekly spot on Mix 107.9, and has appeared in a 2010 PBS documentary called Breakfast Special.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ll be at the State Fair two times this week! Catch me tonight at 5:30, doing a cooking demo and small book-signing at the Taste of Ohio Cafe. This Saturday I’m judging the Ultimate Breakfast Competition. Anyone entered in that?

SherringisFun
    SherringisFun
    Login to Send PM

Can I enter to eat the results of the Ultimate Breakfast Competition?

I thought I’d throw it out there that Nick’s book has been the inspiration for a number of breakfast forays, including a trip to some farther away places like Best Breakfast and Sandwiches (glad I got there under the outgoing ownership!) and Starliner.

Also, if you pick up the book at one of Nick’s book-signings, demand a bad pun – I’m a fan of them and he signed my copy with, “You’re bacon me hungry!” ;)

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m doing two book-signings this Saturday, August 11th:

8-11a: hosting the pancake breakfast at Hills Market and signing books on the veranda. Part of their day-long Foodie Fair & Spelling Bee, which is a kick-off for Local Foods Week.

2-4p: doing a book-signing at Barnes & Noble Polaris! Woohoo!

(And Tania, I’ve been working on my breakfast puns. Watch out.)

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m scheduling some book-signings and selling for the holidays! This Saturday, December 1, I’ll be at Celebrate Local from 10a-1p, and then I’ll be in the Short North Candle Lab from 6-10p during Holiday Hop!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?