Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

BP Protest Thursday, June 17th 2010

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events BP Protest Thursday, June 17th 2010

This topic contains 209 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anise1281 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 225 total)
  • Author

Tenzo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

takeasiesta wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>
    What, is this like ‘Candy Man’, where you say the name three times

Actually it’s if you say Jimmy Dean three times, sausage appears!

Thought that was a triple bypass

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

takeasiesta wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>

I wish. Even with a blood sacrifice, you just end up with a mess and feeling silly.

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just for Gram and Bear… :)

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just for Gram and Bear… :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ll just take my tofu bacon-wrapped

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>
    I’ll just take my tofu bacon-wrapped

it’s tofu… and outside of certain dishes, tofu sucks… but there’s bacon, the eternal truth and source of all that is awesome…

deraj1013
    deraj1013
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ma po tofu is a Szechuan tofu dish often prepared with minced pork–in case you still aren’t getting enough soy and pig in your diet. But to keep this thread on topic…uh, screw BP or something.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BP shoulda just come out with a line of Bacon Products right after the spill, as a sneaky PR move, and no one would have paid attention to the ecological disaster…they’d all be discussing bacony goodness instead.

pilsner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bear wrote >>

pilsner wrote >>
    So in my opinion, it’s worthwhile to hold BP accountable by gassing up and buying slim jims at non-BP stations.

You get that quite a few of those non-BP stations buy their gas from BP refineries, right?
    And that “gassing up” just perpetuates the mindless demand for oil, which is the necessary (albeit not sufficient) condition for the current ecocide in the Gulf, right?
    So that what you’re saying amounts to, “I don’t actually mind aiding and abetting the company that produced the Gulf disaster, as long as I get to stick it to some Republicans”?
    Is that your final answer?

Not really. The Republicans have blocked clean energy technologies because the oil companies are their sugar daddies. Exxon is the most profitable corporation in the history of the world and did not pay any federal taxes (Exxon actually got a tax return of $150 million last year).

The Republicans use a divide and conquer strategy of attacking traditional supporters of the Democratic Party—-labor unions, ACORN, trial attorneys, etc. Where’s the outcry from the CU concern trolls about that?

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

pilsner wrote >>

The Republicans use a divide and conquer strategy of attacking traditional supporters of the Democratic Party—-labor unions, ACORN, trial attorneys, etc. Where’s the outcry from the CU concern trolls about that?

Show me on the doll where the republican touched you.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Haha, “CU Concern Trolls”! Wow!

Wow!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus wrote >>

pilsner wrote >>

Show me on the doll where the republican touched you.

LOL!!!!

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I hope being a democrat or liberal isn’t defined by being “anti-republican”. similar to Red Sun’s approach towards veganism instilling in me the desire to eat a hamburger, being labeled a “CU concern troll” for not wanting to demonstrate against Republican party politics (which are remarkably similar to Democratic strategies IMHO) makes me reconsider my left-wing affiliations.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

pilsner wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

pilsner wrote >>
    So in my opinion, it’s worthwhile to hold BP accountable by gassing up and buying slim jims at non-BP stations.

You get that quite a few of those non-BP stations buy their gas from BP refineries, right?
    And that “gassing up” just perpetuates the mindless demand for oil, which is the necessary (albeit not sufficient) condition for the current ecocide in the Gulf, right?
    So that what you’re saying amounts to, “I don’t actually mind aiding and abetting the company that produced the Gulf disaster, as long as I get to stick it to some Republicans”?
    Is that your final answer?

Not really. The Republicans have blocked clean energy technologies because the oil companies are their sugar daddies. Exxon is the most profitable corporation in the history of the world and did not pay any federal taxes (Exxon actually got a tax return of $150 million last year).

I’m concerned that maybe you don’t get laid enough.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

takeasiesta wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>

Don’t speak ill of Jimmy, he just died… ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 225 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.