Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

BP Protest Thursday, June 17th 2010

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events BP Protest Thursday, June 17th 2010

This topic contains 209 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anise1281 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 225 total)
  • Author

howatzer
    Login to Send PM

I don’t get what exactly is to be protested… I mean, what are you going to put on your signs? Everyone agrees that oil spills suck, I think BP’s got the message that obama’s going to kick ass if they don’t pony up and clean up, and even conservatives are calling for better regulation and oversight of offshore drilling. So beyond pointing out the obvious, what’s the objective?

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

When are we going to have a protest against stupid people?

I’ve already got a sign for that one.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

Anise1281 wrote >>
    Well to everyone who suggests a different location…where is your event that you planned?

I’m going to protest your house. Its about as effective, and I’ll get more personal satisfaction from it. Unfortunately I don’t actually know the address and I’m scared of rain, so the first sunny day beware, I’ll definitely be picketing some house in a 9 block radius of you.

Anise1281
    Login to Send PM

like i said, come or dont come. im gonna leave it at that and let you guys continue your clever “bp can skullfuck us all and we shouldnt do shit about it” banter. ENJOY!!!!

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

Anise1281 wrote >>
    like i said, come or dont come.

OK…so if I want to come…its at an address that doesn’t actually have a BP station, and if its spritzing, I should just call it a day? Just want all my facts straight so I can get my full on radical thing on…

blammo
    blammo
    Login to Send PM

seriously though, if this strategy proved wildly successful and ALL BP stations in the country were shut down…don’t you think BP would still continue to sell oil to all the other gas/oil refineries/ distributors? That’s the thing, it’s the exploratory/drilling side of their operation that fucked things up, not the local franchises.

howatzer
    Login to Send PM

Anise1281 wrote >>
    like i said, come or dont come. im gonna leave it at that and let you guys continue your clever “bp can skullfuck us all and we shouldnt do shit about it” banter. ENJOY!!!!

Yup, that about sums it up.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

blammo wrote >>
    seriously though, if this strategy proved wildly successful and ALL BP stations in the country were shut down…don’t you think BP would still continue to sell oil to all the other gas/oil refineries/ distributors? That’s the thing, it’s the exploratory/drilling side of their operation that fucked things up, not the local franchises.

BP doesn’t even own most of the gas stations anymore. And the very small handful they do own, they are looking to unload anyway. It’s all spelled out quite nicely in that NYTimes article people keep posting. They don’t make any money from the gas stations and you’re buying BP drilled gas at the other stations that aren’t BP anyway. It takes about 5 minutes of googling to determine that boycotting the stations is the dumbest idea ever. It’s almost as dumb as second goddamn thread on this tired ass topic.

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

howatzer wrote >>

Anise1281 wrote >>

Yup, that about sums it up.

I’ve got my sign.

MikeReed
    MikeReed
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m going to just go ahead and get this out of the way now…

Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lolxploshun

RoJoNo
    RoJoNo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can I protest on behalf of the town of Pilsen, Czech Republic, Pilsner Urquell, Victory Prima Pils, and CBC Rhapsody the abuse of the word ‘pilsner’ by the Miller Brewing Co. and others?

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>
    I can’t believe we’re doing this same dumbass thread AGAIN.

No shit.

Ben_
    Ben_
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

“I’m against picketing, but I don’t know how to show it.”

-Mitch Hedberg

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

pez wrote >>

CDS sherman wrote >>
    im am not offended in the least, let me assure you. just do some diligence and get the address right. if there is beer and pot i will join you.

There’s a BP right across the street from 5/3 where you can at least get some beer.

hopefully some of the BP protesters will have some pot…..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 225 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.