Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

This topic contains 100 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SeanOfTheHillPeople 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Charlie wrote >>
    I think Harrison West and/or Victorian Village could really use a pizza place like this.

the space next to the subway of 3rd has been empty for maybe 2 years now. No idea who owns it but yup… pizza joint would kick ass there.

just saying….

michaelcoyote
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

vestanpance wrote >>

Charlie wrote >>
    I think Harrison West and/or Victorian Village could really use a pizza place like this.

the space next to the subway of 3rd has been empty for maybe 2 years now. No idea who owns it but yup… pizza joint would kick ass there.
    just saying….

Yeah. this would be most awesome..

Charlie
    Charlie
    Login to Send PM

michaelcoyote wrote >>

vestanpance wrote >>

Charlie wrote >>

just saying….

My pizza dream would be: someone buys Zenos and turns it into an incredible pizzeria, something like this

Burt’s Place
    or
    Pizzeria Bianco[/url]
    or
    Bono Pizza

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I drove past last night and it looks like the patio is in full force! They had an awning out so diners can enjoy the outdoors even in imperfect weather. This might be a moral imperative for me on Thursday since I missed my fix last week.

Kahiki
    Kahiki
    Login to Send PM

Charlie wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>

vestanpance wrote >>

Charlie wrote >>

just saying….

My pizza dream would be: someone buys Zenos and turns it into an incredible pizzeria, something like this
    Burt’s Place
    or
    Pizzeria Bianco[/url]
    or
    Bono Pizza

Pizzeria Bianco: very similar and inferior to BonoPizza—and that would still be true even if there wasn’t a two hour wait virtually any time you visit Bianco. Suck it, Arizona!

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This pizza was so good Friday night, we had to go back Sunday night.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jarsloth wrote >>

Not that anyone is keeping track, but Bono Fri, Deepwood Sat and Bono Sunday?-THAT is livin!

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

0Angle wrote >>

jarsloth wrote >>

Not that anyone is keeping track, but Bono Fri, Deepwood Sat and Bono Sunday?-THAT is livin!

Indeed it is :) (Just a sidenote, though, the DeepWood dinner was courtesy of the in-laws.)

EmZeeGee
    EmZeeGee
    Login to Send PM

We went Saturday night with my Sister and BIL, for their last Bono meal before 10 weeks in D.C. The pizza was fabulous, the crust seemed especially good; crispy and almost cracker-like on the bottom. And Bill Yerkes was in fine form. It was such a good evening.

columbusfoodie
    columbusfoodie
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

cc wrote >>
    I just read some old threads, it appears the new location is near where Bill & Peggy live and that they are friends with the owners of the convienence store. Translation, I don’t think they plan on moving anytime soon. It took a fundraiser to get them in this place.
    As other people are saying, I would never have noticed them without having read CU. I hope they get some marketing beyond the CU posts.

Not only that, but that’s the location where they started out – the pizza oven was already there from when they built it before. Yes, the location is a little less than ideal (it’s a tiny space, only a couple of tables and some counter seating), but we try to get there once every couple of weeks if possible.

Last time I was in, they had crepes too. Bill’s strawberry nutella crepes were TDF.

Even though I have my own pizza oven now (that I bought through Bono Ovens), I’ll still visit their shop wherever they are because they are just that much more skilled in using it I am (it looks easier than it actually is). Best pizza in Columbus, hands down.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Bill called me today to let me know that he’s been reading the comments here about the location, and this is his response:

BonoPIZZA Returns to the Short North Next Week

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just a heads-up on this: I spoke w/ my friend who works at the Short North Tavern and the Bono Pizza is on hold, at least for now. Apparently their original oven didn’t get hot enough, so the SNT owner bought a newer oven, capable of hotter temperatures. However, the new oven has some “electrical incompatibilities” with the wiring at the Tavern. So, currently there’s no Bono pizza at SNT, but there’s always the great staff :)

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can they please just hire a business manager? Good lord! I don’t care if they make the best pizza on earth – I’m getting so sick of reading fawning remarks for such a gaffe-prone business.

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Gaffe-prone? They weren’t responsible for SNT having inadequately heated ovens.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

i love Bono, but I see where joev is coming from. They should have tested the ovens before putting out an announcement is all.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?