Our City Online

Messageboard - Theatre Events

Body Language

Home Forums Events Theatre Events Body Language

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by ShadowboxLive ShadowboxLive 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ShadowboxLive
    ShadowboxLive
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

body-language.jpg

Opening Thursday, January 5th!

It’s time! We’re taking off our Santa suits and slipping into something … a little more comfortable.

This winter we’re heating things up with our new sketch comedy and rock n’ roll show “Body Language,” featuring a Super Hero named Wing-Man, an inside look at Sperm Dating and a tawdry take on Telemundo. Our house band BillWho? will knock out some tunes by Prince, Hendrix, Radiohead and more.

Show Times
Thursdays @ 7:30p
Fridays & Saturdays @ 7:30p and 10:30p until 3/3/12

Show Pricing
General Admission • $30.00
Students, Seniors (age 55+), Military • $20.00

We serve Food and Drinks at our shows!

Need a hotel? Check out ShadowboxLiveHotels.com!

Hope to see you all soon!

(For more info check out shadowboxlive.org)

ShadowboxLive
    ShadowboxLive
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    ShadowboxLive
    ShadowboxLive
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/arts/2012/01/06/review-shadowbox-body-language.html

“Even those who think they know what to expect from Shadowbox should be surprised and pleased by the level to which the company has grown, while those who haven’t experienced it will find this a good time to give it a try.”

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Come see me in one of the classier sketches. ;)

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I want this as a trading card.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I want this poster on my bedroom wall.

Wait, that doesn’t sound as good as it did in my head.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF said:
    I want this poster on my bedroom wall.

Wait, that doesn’t sound as good as it did in my head.

Um, David … I appreciated you introducing me to Dim Sum and all, but I still think we should just be friends …

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I hope your character’s story ends happier than the last famous wing man I remember…

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jmak said:
    Um, David … I appreciated you introducing me to Dim Sum and all, but I still think we should just be friends …

But Jimmy, I’M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

(insert Kathy Bates picture here) (damn work computer)

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels said:
    I hope your character’s story ends happier than the last famous wing man I remember…

Ha, you’ll have to see the show, but I assure you I end up with a fate much, much worse.

WILDMAN
    Login to Send PM

My girlfriend and I went to the 10:30 show last night and Body Language was simply amazing. Funny as can be and they took the comedy to a higher level. I will for sure see this show again before it ends in March…..Great job to the staff!!!

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike and I caught the show last night. Holy crap, the sketch writing was the strongest I’ve seen yet, even in the scenes with no dialogue. Julie Klein in particular was amazing on the stage with herself, arguing with her empathic GPS (Jimmy Mak on a microphone) and then as a young girl playing analyst with her toys. Nobody can do an evil child chuckle like her! There were at least a half dozen gems in the evening and I don’t remember a weak sketch.

The music and dance were up to the usual high standards, especially when combined. Stev Guyer’s “Light My Fire” sounded great and looked dangerously close to turning into a free love session. I cannot place the musical number from the opening of Act II, but it was lush and sensuous. The entire show followed the intended theme.

Two major props for customer service in addition to the show itself. Mary Randle was in charge of wrangling two tables of very celebratory folks and was commendable in her efforts. They were only a little out of control singing along with “Kiss From a Rose” but she smoothly put them back in their seats during intermission. Also, the cast of the show poured out into the parking lot after the later performance, armed with ice scrapers to help the audience get home safely. What chivalry!

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the kind words Wildman.

Cat, so sorry I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday!

And, to be fair, the audience was long gone when we got out – those were all employee cars we were scraping. ;)

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ah, we were long gone when others were still scraping. Rockmastermike had a tarp over our windshield so we were able to zip out of there. Birthday isn’t until Tuesday so you can still owe me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Theatre Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.