Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

bike repair station

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation bike repair station

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Timeone 1 year, 2 months ago.

Tagged

biking

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The bike shelter near my building at Broad and 4th has some sort of large silver box next to it, with bike sillouette stickers on it, but no sort of labeling.
    I saw another at 4th and Gay. There isn’t any sort of labeling on them, so I wonder what they could be.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Graybeak said:
    The bike shelter near my building at Broad and 4th has some sort of large silver box next to it, with bike sillouette stickers on it, but no sort of labeling.
    I saw another at 4th and Gay. There isn’t any sort of labeling on them, so I wonder what they could be.

I think they are bike lockers?

Timeone
    Login to Send PM

never used a bike locker but just wondering under what circumstance I would use one vs a bike lock.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

misskitty said:
    I think they are bike lockers?

Might be. they are about 3 and a half feet tall, and 4 and a half long. Seem a bit small.

Perhaps some sort of equipment locker for all the SID employees out sweeping and the like.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Doesnt look to sturdy the way they attached it if those bricks arent locked in you could basically pull it right out, doesnt look like they used stainless steel eithier, good idea just hope it stands up to Ohio weather etc…

Timeone
    Login to Send PM

Rusty1 I thought the same thing. I wiggled the post a little and it does seem like they just bolted into the bricks. It was wobbly.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Timeone said:
    never used a bike locker but just wondering under what circumstance I would use one vs a bike lock.

If you didn’t want to take the various bits off your bike, ie. lights, water bottle, pump, tool bag. Out of sight, out of mind in the locker.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Lo2w should be along shortly to tell us why these are all wrong.

Sorry, I missed the CU memo on acceptable group think as it relates to wasteful spending when cheaper, better solutions to the same problem exist. Can you forward it to me @ shoveitupyourass@gmail.com?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Case in point, pansy.

sarahb
    sarahb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

these are great! wonderful addition for cyclist!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

sarahb said:
    these are great! wonderful addition for cyclist!

Wonder if there is a card/pictorial attached to walk people through basic repairs you can do on the stand?

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Timeone said:
    Rusty1 I thought the same thing. I wiggled the post a little and it does seem like they just bolted into the bricks. It was wobbly.

Ruh roh.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    Sorry, I missed the CU memo on acceptable group think as it relates to wasteful spending when cheaper, better solutions to the same problem exist. Can you forward it to me @ shoveitupyourass@gmail.com?

Case in point.

MRipley
    MRipley
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Case in point.

Can’t deny, you called it.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

MRipley said:
    Can’t deny, you called it.

Sorry, I forgot one has to spell everything out so posters like you have a fair chance at comprehending. I assumed snarf was referring to my earlier posts on the bike shelters which I still believe are wasteful spending given cheaper projects that solve the same problem.

These repair stands are pretty cool though. I’d still be interested to see what the stands cost and if they were part of the shelter price tag.

Since you’re so great at digging up past posts, you’re welcome to look at my years of posting and see I’m not always the contrarian snarf paints me as.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?