Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping Events & Deals

Bexley Public Library Book Sale!

Home Forums Events Shopping Events & Deals Bexley Public Library Book Sale!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by BexleyPublicLibrary BexleyPublicLibrary 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    BexleyPublicLibrary
    BexleyPublicLibrary
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Bexley Public Library Book Sale is Back!

Hours will be:

PREVIEW SALE Thursday, June 10, 5:00-8:30pm

**FREE for Bexley Public Library Friends of the Library members,

$2 suggested minimum donation for community members**

Friday, June 11, 10-5:30

Saturday, June 12, 10-5:30

**From 2-5:30, everything is half-price OR bring your own bag and take a bag of books for $10**

Sunday, June 13, 1-5

**Everything is free!**

On all dates, please bring your own bag.

We’ll have books for kids and adults, music, movies, LP records and more!

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

Are these books all paid for with taxpayer dollars and resold for a fraction of the cost paid…

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nitsud Regnifloh wrote >>
    Are these books all paid for with taxpayer dollars and resold for a fraction of the cost paid…

You are being ridiculous. It’s not free to store and maintain out of date library books. When circulation of titles declines to the point that the books wouldn’t be missed, it’s the responsible thing to do to get rid of them. And what better way to get rid of them than to sell/give them to people who will use them? Also, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of the concept of depreciation. Doesn’t sound like you’re aware.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

joev wrote >>

You are being ridiculous. It’s not free to store and maintain out of date library books. When circulation of titles declines to the point that the books wouldn’t be missed, it’s the responsible thing to do to get rid of them. And what better way to get rid of them than to sell/give them to people who will use them? Also, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of the concept of depreciation. Doesn’t sound like you’re aware.

is the heat getting to you today? sorry….jeez, man. i do wonder though if they send some of the less-checked out books to other libraries that may not have the resources to obtain new.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I thought these book sales were usually books in not so great shape?

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

or the ones that still state that the world is flat and Pluto is a planet.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev wrote >>

is the heat getting to you today? sorry….jeez, man. i do wonder though if they send some of the less-checked out books to other libraries that may not have the resources to obtain new.

No, the heat is not getting to me. Know-nothing know-it-alls, are though.

10sun
    10sun
    Login to Send PM

Anne wrote >>
    I thought these book sales were usually books in not so great shape?

At the Upper Arlington booksale last year, the books were in perfect shape.

Some were dated, but most were near new.

I can understand them getting rid of the records, but they should consider shopping those out. I’ve picked up some collectible records (still sealed Beatle’s White album & a couple of rare concert records) at these booksales in the past.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

joev wrote >>

joev wrote >>

No, the heat is not getting to me. Know-nothing know-it-alls, are though.

ouch. where’d that come from? we usually agree on issues of this resolve. and, c’mon, can’t i have a lil fun, it’s Friday…

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I fail to see how your first comment was a “lil fun.” We can carry this out through DMs if you like.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

no, not important enough.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

maybe the libraries are not allowed to be reselling things for real money?

where is our fighting librarian when you need her?!? ;)

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There are also times that a library will order multiple copies of a hot new title and then need to thin that supply later as the popularity dies down and newer titles need that space.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I need to get over there to see if their set of Samual Morrison’s 15 volume set US NAVAL OPERATIONS DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR is on sale. I read the whole series four years ago…and I was probably the ONLY person to have read the series in the last 10 years.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If I had $$$ to spare, I’d go Friday or Saturday….
    I have plans on Sunday, so I doubt I’ll be able to make it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Shopping Events & Deals’ is closed to new topics and replies.