Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Best BBQ in columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best BBQ in columbus

This topic contains 58 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Edward 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Edward
    Login to Send PM

I am curious to know if anyone has any secret bbq joints they can share with me. Or anyone you know that does bbq part time that you keep telling them, “man you gotta open your own place!” Maybe just a great bbq joint that isn’t in the best of locations? There was a place on 5th and summit I remember being great…

meltsintowonder
    meltsintowonder
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ray Ray’s is the best in town that I’ve experienced.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/ray-rays-hog-pit-at-pacemont-038-high

GeoKel
    GeoKel
    Login to Send PM

+1 for Ray Ray’s!

pandojc
    Login to Send PM

While it isn’t exactly “hidden”, the Flatiron has my favorite bbq. It’s authentic Carolina-style bbq, best I’ve had outside of NC.

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

I can’t wait to try Ray Ray’s upon his return. We went out to Johnstown last night to Route 62 Barbecue. I wanted to talk to the owner and find out a little more, did not get a chance because they got busy, but we were pretty impressed with what we had. The pulled pork was tender and smoky with very little gristle, and ditto for the bite of brisket I had (my SO doesn’t like to share). The baked beans were delicious, about 5 different beans and lots of rib meat with good spice to them. The meat comes naked and you can choose your sauce, I plan to document the sauces and inquire whether they are made in house on a return visit. My favorite was the spicy sauce, not too sweet and a nice amount of heat. Good stuff – about $7 for a sandwich and 2 sides so it’s inexpensive as well. I saw 2 big smokers in the back, which made me happy :)

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ray rays is back. I saw them out there last Friday afternoon. I think they just took the week after Jazz and Ribfest off.

meltsintowonder wrote >>
    Ray Ray’s is the best in town that I’ve experienced.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/ray-rays-hog-pit-at-pacemont-038-high

+1

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty wrote >>
    Ray rays is back. I saw them out there last Friday afternoon. I think they just took the week after Jazz and Ribfest off.

Awesome, thanks LL!

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

No problem! i really need to try the Organic Brisket on sundays, I haven’t had that yet. I love getting Ray rays for people who have never had it. I have taken it to B’s work before and everyone there is all talking city BBQ this and some other place that…until they taste Ray rays, then they all shut up and start asking where the place is. I love hearing those stories from B when I bring her food at work.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really want to try Chasi’s BBQ[/url]

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I want to try it too, but wasn’t there some confusion about the location? i thought he moved.

Edward
    Login to Send PM

The number for Chasi’s Bbq didn’t work. Does anyone know his whereabouts? That is exactly the type of place I am looking for. And Ray Rays is absolutely top notch.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Edward wrote >>
    The number for Chasi’s Bbq didn’t work. Does anyone know his whereabouts? That is exactly the type of place I am looking for. And Ray Rays is absolutely top notch.

I think the location is mentioned as changed on the blog to someplace on E. Main.

If you’re just lookin’ for secret, Woody’s is always a choice.

Talcott
    Talcott
    Login to Send PM

Can I add a few more +1s for Ray Ray’s?

The new truck (or new signage on the old truck) looks great too.

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

Mercurius wrote >>

Edward wrote >>

I think the location is mentioned as changed on the blog to someplace on E. Main.

woody and joes was the shiat back in the day. honestly i have not been in 10 years but im sure they havnt changed. 4th st and 5th ave NE corner.

Edward
    Login to Send PM

Mercurius wrote >>

Edward wrote >>

Where is Woody’s?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?