Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Asian 168

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Asian 168

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cyclist 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Cyclist
    Login to Send PM

Asian 168 Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai Food

Just ate lunch at this new Asian place at 505 N. High St across from the CC and in the same building that the Hampton Inn is.

Four of us went, I had some awesome and fully stuffed Crab Ragoons and an ample and tasty portion of Veggie Lo Mein. I also had a veggie egg roll that was too greasy, but still decent. Lunch prices are until 3pm.

A friend had some excellent fried tofu, maybe the best tofu I’ve ever had. It had a sweet sauce and very buttery in the inside. Everybody enjoyed their dishes.

They have the normal east Asian menu with some different stuff. They have a happy hour from 4pm-8pm with half off drinks and appetizers. Clean sharp interior. They also deliver in the area for any order over $20.

They use real plates and utensils. The only bad part was they use styrofoam for take home boxes. Our waiter was friendly and chatty, very attentive.

The coolest part is the cook/maitre’d/bar tender dude who had this short little pony tail, leather pants, a white turtle neck and a straight forward Kangool cap.

Asian 186 is a welcomed addition to the Convention Center area. I think I’ll be back!

MON-SAT 11am-11pm

Gallery Hop Hours to Midnight

222-1000

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Sounds good.

What is the interior like? Did they keep the same setup and conveyor belt as Zen Sushi?

Cyclist
    Login to Send PM

Anne wrote Sounds good.

What is the interior like? Did they keep the same setup and conveyor belt as Zen Sushi?

This was my first time in there, but the conveyor belts and set up is still there, just not operating. Green mood lighting and a very crisp and clutter free interior. The interior is nothing special, but I liked it. They even had three TV’s in there. I usually hate TVs in restaurants, but these seemed out of the way and un obtrusive and muted.

Columbusite
    Login to Send PM

Got the Kung Pao tofu (bean curd) and wow, was that good. Quality ingredients and the tofu had a bit of crunch on the outside while smooth and soft in the middle. I’ll be back soon to try other dishes. Missed the bartender, but the waiter was friendly. Just FYI, lunch specials are weekdays only.

asil
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cyclist wrote >>
    The coolest part is the cook/maitre’d/bar tender dude who had this short little pony tail, leather pants, a white turtle neck and a straight forward Kangool cap.

YES! We noticed him too, very hip dude. The entire staff was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant was comfortable with simple trend.

We had lunch there today and perhaps due to the weather it was completely empty. I had the Kung Pao chicken with an egg roll, Rob had Hunan chicken. Thumbs up for both. Lunch prices were great. And they deliver for free in the downtown area with a minimum order of $20. Downtown is seriously lacking in decent, affordable Chinese. They’ll now be our go to for carryout at the office.

I highly recommend checking it out.

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

asil wrote >>
    And they deliver for free in the downtown area with a minimum order of $20. Downtown is seriously lacking in decent, affordable Chinese.

You just made someone I know very happy and very poor :)

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cyclist wrote >> The coolest part is the cook/maitre’d/bar tender dude who had this short little pony tail, leather pants, a white turtle neck and a straight forward Kangool cap. Asian 186 is a welcomed addition to the Convention Center area. I think I’ll be back! MON-SAT 11am-11pmGallery Hop Hours to Midnight222-1000

I met that dude a few weeks ago when he was canvasing and handing out menus in my parking lot. Seemed cool as hell. I still have to get down there to try it.

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JonMyers wrote >>

Cyclist wrote >> The coolest part is the cook/maitre’d/bar tender dude who had this short little pony tail, leather pants, a white turtle neck and a straight forward Kangool cap.

I met that dude a few weeks ago when he was canvasing and handing out menus in my parking lot. Seemed cool as hell. I still have to get down there to try it.

Ndcent
    Ndcent
    Login to Send PM

Cyclist wrote >>

Why does this make me think of nihilists?

laChewla
    laChewla
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

He is incredibly cool, and the food is delicious!

Zach and I went again a few weeks ago, and Jimmy was incredibly accommodating. Zach ordered vegetarian chow fun and I had the Kung Pao Bean Curd and had them add some vegetables for me. Next time we are going to try the vegetarian soups.

Word on the street is Jimmy will deliver beer or cigarettes with your order…

frozen twinkies
    frozen twinkies
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the heads up.

I actualy liked Zen Sushi and was disappointed when it closed.
    I’ve been looking for a good Thai place where I didn’t have to trek up to Henderson and Kenny

laChewla
    laChewla
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

frozen twinkies wrote >>
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I actualy liked Zen Sushi and was disappointed when it closed.
    I’ve been looking for a good Thai place where I didn’t have to trek up to Henderson and Kenny

Try Nida’s on High between 1st and 2nd for Thai. Asian 168 gets A++ for fast, affordable, and delicious chinese food though.

shroud
    shroud
    Login to Send PM

Sounds good – especially the quality tofu. I’ll have to get down there for lunch soon! Thanks for the write-up

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Has anyone been to the Asian Bistro place on Goodale near Grandview?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

This place?

http://www.columbusunderground.com/bistro-86-asian-fusion-sopressata-review

I went once. Thought it was alright. Very strange location though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?