Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Apartment Hunting Strategy Tips?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Apartment Hunting Strategy Tips?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  OkinoDreams 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

OkinoDreams
    Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

I have seen a lot of apartment threads on CU, but I haven’t seen too many asking about the best strategy to find apartments in Columbus. I’d love to get advice from people who have or are apartment hunting in Columbus.

Is there a service that helps with apartment hunting in Columbus?

Do you find the best way to find affordable and safe apartments in Columbus is to walk around neighborhoods you like?

Is it more who-you-know to find good/safe apartments in downtown? And, if so, who should I be making friends with ;)

A brief on what I’m looking for: safe, affordable (b/w $600-$800) apartments in or around downtown Columbus. Would love an older apartment with architectural detail, but honestly will take what I can afford. And, would really really prefer a place with either W/D provided or a W/D hookup… don’t want to feel like I’m in college still. Any thoughts/advice would be really appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

As far as apartment hunting goes, good luck! There’s a lot of new stuff in development right now in/around Downtown, but vacancy rates are at an all time low, and rents have risen quickly:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/columbus-apartment-market-news-updates

There’s still a few deals out there, specially if you’re ok looking in areas like Weinland Park, OSU Campus Area, King Lincoln, etc… but they’re getting harder and harder to find.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

We do have an apartment listing tool here, but units tend to go quickly!

http://www.columbusunderground.com/urbanliving/types/apartments/

peter
    peter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

kamoysi
    Login to Send PM

I have a unit in Historical Downtown Lancaster. 30-40 minute drive to Columbus, lots of architectural detail watch the video

Rent is 825.00
    email me if you’re interested kamoysi@yahoo.com

kamoysi
    Login to Send PM

Hey, Just a note to say I have a 2 bedroom house available on the east side of Lancaster. Closer to Columbus. Less Rent than the 825.00

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The original poster said they’re looking for “apartments in or around downtown Columbus”.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    The original poster said they’re looking for “apartments in or around downtown Columbus”.

Hey, Lancaster is around Downtown. Especially compared to Logan.

kamoysi
    Login to Send PM

Hey Walker & David F just put the post out there as an additional choice. Some persons don’t mind the commute.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

kamoysi said:
    Hey Walker & David F just put the post out there as an additional choice. Some persons don’t mind the commute.

Sure. Some people don’t mind the commute. But that’s not what this person asked for.

If someone starts a discussion asking for a recommendation for a mexican restaurant, you shouldn’t post your suggestions for an italian restaurant.

kamoysi
    Login to Send PM

Have you ever Heard of the phrase You Don’t Know You Don’t Know. Sometimes you can miss an alternative choice if you don’t know it exsits. Lancaster has great architecual detail in their housing stock at reasonable prices 1/2 hour commute or rideshare.Maybe someone reading the post is in the same position looking for unique housing and will consider Lancaster. Just Saying

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?