Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone here go to Lifetime Fitness?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Anyone here go to Lifetime Fitness?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  foxforcefive 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

foxforcefive
    Participant

I just renewed my membership at Lifetime Fitness…wondering who else on this site is a member. Also, this may be somewhat of a solicitation to those at Lifetime who don’t go as often as they would like…I am also looking for a lifting partner, someone that will drag me into the gym on a regular basis…anyone out there?

Blake

CaD

How is Lifetime? I have a friend trying to talk me into Lifestyles…

I’m going to need to find a good gym for my rehab stint after I finally have my ACL surgery.

foxforcefive
    Participant

It’s a great gym…every piece of equipment you could imagine, open 24/7, with 2 locations.

CaD

how much?

any specials going on?

foxforcefive
    Participant

I think it’s around $40/month for a single person. For the wife and I, with 2 kids in childcare, it’s around $90/month.

Another cool thing is, if you do have kids, you can drop them at the childcare for up to 2 hours, and go catch a movie at Easton, or go shopping. They call it, the Easton Shopper, and it’s included with your membership.

swan
    Participant

the lifestyle downtown is easily the best gym in the [downtown] area… and they just added 4000 sq ft and new equipment.

kessler
    Participant

I’ve been told positive things about this gym, though when I went in to sign up there was nobody to do my paperwork etc. somebody was to call me back, a couple days later. I walked into Metro Gym and was able to sign up and got started the very next day!

This is even closer to my job only by a couple blocks so cycling to the gym, workout and shower before work. No problems

Lifestyle may have a few perks being a newer facility, however I wasn’t impressed with their membership methods. :?

Angel

what do you mean by membership methods?

i go to lifestyles and i like it. personally because i can go to any of them around columbus

kessler
    Participant

Angel wrotewhat do you mean by membership methods?

i go to lifestyles and i like it. personally because i can go to any of them around columbus

I’m glad you enjoy it! I’m sure I would have as well.

To answer your question.

I had gone in to create a membership only to be told that nobody was able to do it. They took my phone number and email and I was told that somebody would be in touch with me the next day. 2 days later I received a random phone call and they didn’t leave a return number on the voice mail. Hmmm guess I fell through the cracks. Felt as if they didn’t need new members, so I looked elsewhere.(when going out to eat if I get ignored or feel that way) me and my business goes elsewhere.

Metro also has locations around columbus. Also they are a little cheaper.

Both are good gyms. Both have numerous locations. one employee I know isn’t a reflection on the business. I’m just sayin. Peace!

swan
    Participant

not to sound like a lifestyle fanboy… but metro downtown is not a good gym, at all. back when i graduated and left ohio state and before i found a job (because i was poor) i did the “one week trial membership” at just about every gym in the city… and metro was easily one of the worst. the equipment is outdated, they dont have much of it, they dont maintain what they do have… etc etc

do yourself a favor and give lff a second chance.

shmack

HA. i felt so strongly about metro fitness yesterday that i started a post then decided to move my haterade somewhere else. you can check my review here. i may have high expectations (equinox in the heart of soho with a tom colicchio eatery what?) but that doesn’t invalidate my perception of the wholly craptasticness of metro fitness.

Angel

huh. i’m surprised about lifestyles. they usually won’t leave you alone about joining.

do yourself a favor and start doing http://www.crossfit.com/. its awesome and you can do it anywhere. i just started it on sunday and my abs still hurt

PoshBug

I believe they are still offering the one month comfort trial, where you get your money back if you’re not fully satisfied with their gyms. The only catch is you have to go at least 14 times in that one month period.

Sawmill’s my favorite LFF thus far. They have an indoor pool, two racquetball courts, and a basketball court.

LFF’s continually growing. Take it from a member who’s been there since the California Fitness days :D

kessler
    Participant

Angel wrotehuh. i’m surprised about lifestyles. they usually won’t leave you alone about joining.

do yourself a favor and start doing http://www.crossfit.com/. its awesome and you can do it anywhere. i just started it on sunday and my abs still hurt

I’ll have to check out crossfit this week, thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I think I’m pretty much locked in with my membership. So in order to give lff another try, it’ll have to wait till the end of my contract.

I’m a lot closer to my gym at metro on the otherhand. I’m not a real picky person though.

swan
    Participant

kessler wrote

I’m a lot closer to my gym at metro on the otherhand. I’m not a real picky person though.

theyre like three blocks apart…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.