Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Anti-Abortion Group Protests Condom Couture

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Anti-Abortion Group Protests Condom Couture

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Jimmy Mak Jimmy Mak 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So Condom Couture is tonight …

https://secure.plannedparenthoodcentralohio.org/condom-couture/

… and some anti-abortion group is planning on picketing the event:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/19/condoms-on-the-catwalk-an-outrage-group-says.html

I guess my question is … why? Sure, I realize that some people believe that sex exists solely for procreation but if you’re truly against abortion – you can’t deny condoms are helping your cause. Maybe I’m missing something?

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The cynic in me thinks the pro life movement is concerned about regulating the sex lives of others, but the fair open minded part of me is just befuddled. I’m not sure how it’s an outrage to Ohio taxpayers, unless that’s just a catch-all argument for everything.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jmak said:

I guess my question is … why? Sure, I realize that some people believe that sex exists solely for procreation but if you’re truly against abortion – you can’t deny condoms are helping your cause. Maybe I’m missing something?

They’re against sex. Pleasures of the flesh and all that.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Lame and not worth press!

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

what a bunch of self-righteous, filthy,

jmak said:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/19/condoms-on-the-catwalk-an-outrage-group-says.html

They’re a bunch of hypocritical, sanctimonious, puritan, asshats desperate for the slightest shred of media attention. Does that fill in the blanks for ya?

Just go out and tell them to put their crack pipes down and make sure they don’t block the sidewalks for your show. If they cause any trouble send ‘The Beast’ out holding a sign saying “God hates prudish sidewalk-superintendents” and tell ‘em to go crawl back under the rocks they call home.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Didn’t y’all know that condoms are pre-abortion? They are against all forms of prevention of their precious babies. How else will their brand of stupidity ever rule the world?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Coreroc said:
    Lame and not worth press!

Honestly, it’s really just good/extra publicity for the event itself.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m just baffled that what they seem to want is no abortions but yet lots of pregnant girls.

Which then makes me wonder -

* Are they against “pulling out” as well?
    * Assuming that somehow people have sex out of wedlock and the girl gets pregnant – is that more or less of a sin than abortion?
    * Do they feel the same way about people with completely different ideological beliefs (satanists? white power groups? scientologists? shadowbox staff?)

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jmak said:
    I’m just baffled that what they seem to want is no abortions but yet lots of pregnant girls.

Which then makes me wonder -

As long as no one enjoys themselves, no.

* Assuming that somehow people have sex out of wedlock and the girl gets pregnant – is that more or less of a sin than abortion?

Babies are a precious, precious gift of God. *hand me that Aquanet, my giant updo is sliding*

*Do they feel the same way about people with completely different ideological beliefs (satanists? white power groups? scientologists? shadowbox staff?)

Eternal Damnation

ETA: DAMMIT.

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    Didn’t y’all know that condoms are pre-abortion? They are against all forms of prevention of their precious babies. How else will their brand of stupidity ever rule the world?

Every sperm is sacred.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:
    Every sperm is sacred.

What we do to ourselves, we do to Him.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Honestly, it’s really just good/extra publicity for the event itself.

Walker unless personally you have dealt with these kinds of people that is very easy to say and yes it offered a story in the Dispatch. However these people are the absolute lowest form of human known and will show up with huge pictures of dead babies and even children of their own to use in the battle against anyone who walks by. They are gross people and for sure not the kind of people I want outside any event I plan to attend. Anyone who would attend a fashion show because they heard about it in this vein I do commend.

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

An anti-condom view is not unheard of,

I think the Catholic Church’s stance on condoms is that they should only be used as a means of preventing the spread of aids*, not a profilactic.

I think they are OK with the rhythm method and ‘pulling out’.

* and only since 2010

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jmak said:

Not exactly, but you have to call it skeet fucking…

PULL!
    *splooge*

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

In a surprising turn of events the protestors turned out to be two lions and a zebra.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?