Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Aluminum Cans for Cash?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Aluminum Cans for Cash?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  christylwilliams 3 years, 3 months ago.

Tagged

recycling

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

christylwilliams
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Has anyone ever turned in their aluminum cans for cash? Where did you take them? How much do they pay for pound? I’m already an avid recycler of pretty much everything, but I figured if I could get a little $$ back from all those cases of High Life, then that may be a good thing.

I found this answer from WCMH, but none of these companys’ websites actually give prices. Where Can I Recycle Aluminum Cans For Cash?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Chris Sherman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

if you want top dollar take them to either joyce iron and metal on joyce ave or research alloys on goodale. the golden goat machines charge a fee and less per lb. im not sure if golden goat even exists anymore.

Chris Sherman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

be prepared for an experience, if your not used to scrap yards the staff isn’t always the friendliest….. and they don’t give a shit either… just a heads up.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I take my cans to Cyclemet on Harrison. The price varies, but a big paper yard waste bag full of crushed cans is usually worth about $5.

It amazes me that people throw refined aluminium into the trash.

deraj1013
    deraj1013
    Login to Send PM

Down South, I go to Ace Iron and Metal. 2515 Groveport Road. It’s near Parsons and 104.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When FOSR does riverside litter cleanups, the volunteers often ask if we recycle what we gather. I have to explain that the recyclers don’t want containers full of mud and grit.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    if you want top dollar take them to either joyce iron

When I worked for a gutter company, we’d take our tear off there compacted and it was the best price in town.

christylwilliams
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    be prepared for an experience, if your not used to scrap yards the staff isn’t always the friendliest….. and they don’t give a shit either… just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I’ll give them the I’m a blonde chick routine. It’s pretty much how I get everything done.

cyclist II
    cyclist II
    Login to Send PM

Chris Sherman wrote >>

That jackass asshole machine operator at Research Alloys didn’t like you very much.

Chris Sherman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

he didnt have much to say after his buddies starting giving him shit. i mean its a crane that moves 360 degrees….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?