Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Activities on Christmas Day?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Activities on Christmas Day?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pixlfarmer 5 years, 3 months ago.

Tagged

christmas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

pixlfarmer
    Login to Send PM

I’ve got a couple family members coming into town and staying with me on Christmas Day, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good daytime activities I could treat them to. Shows, museums, etceteras… Any ideas?

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

We’ve gone up to Inniswood or Highbanks or other Metroparks.

A.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Andrew Hall wrote We’ve gone up to Inniswood or Highbanks or other Metroparks.

For an event, or just snow and quiet (assuming there is snow)?

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

Drew wrote
    Andrew Hall wrote We’ve gone up to Inniswood or Highbanks or other Metroparks.

For an event, or just snow and quiet (assuming there is snow)?

The latter.

We’ve also taken Alec’s Xmas gift remote control plane thing up to some Metro park by Dublin with wide open space – and it crashed and broke its rudder after about 10 min. Wheeee!

A.

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

Walking around Easton or http://www.storesopenonchristmasday.com/

pixlfarmer
    Login to Send PM

enzo wrote Walking around Easton or http://www.storesopenonchristmasday.com/

Yuck. :)

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

I agree…..I hate shopping any day.

Too bad they are not here when it is dark and you can go to the light display that you stay inside your car…it is cool to just drive around and give them a once over of the highlights in Columbus and stop and grab a coffee somewhere!

chrisgillespie
    chrisgillespie
    Login to Send PM

Well, it is the biggest movie day of the year, so most theaters are open. I’m pretty sure all of Liz Lessners restaurants are open. edit: meaning Betty’s, Surly Girl, Tip Top

Experience Columbus has events that span that date, although you’ll have to do some leg work to determine which are actually open on Christmas. At least you can see if any interest you and are even worth tracking down if they are open 12/25:

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/event-calendar.cfm?keyword=&sdate=12/25/2008&edate=12/25/2008

Brant
    Login to Send PM

The Columbus Zoo is open 365 days a year (366 in 2008).

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Zoo is open, but you can’t see Wildlights that night.

Wildlights is closed Nov. 27, Dec. 24 and Dec. 25

pixlfarmer
    Login to Send PM

Bummer about the wildlights not being on! That would have been perfect. Thanks for the tips, everyone! I’ll have to peek around on Experience Columbus.

JPowell
    JPowell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ll be trying out my Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time……and hopefully not shooting my eye out.

chrisgillespie
    chrisgillespie
    Login to Send PM

What did you end up doing? Hope you all had fun.

We added a new game to our collection: Urban Myth. Took a bit to get a handle on the rules, but it was a nice addition. Something different. You have to say if the statement is myth or truth. A few times some of us said, “Oh, yeah, I saw this one on Myth Busters“…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?