Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

A Non-Perfect Day in Worthington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat A Non-Perfect Day in Worthington

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by M.O. M.O. 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Next, Only on Six on Your Side …

… Eighty-pound fawn invades Josephinum McMansion … shaking, quavering owner blubbers away about having her house destroyed in an interview you’ll only see here.

(And after she righted the dining room chairs and straightened out her Hummel shelf she sat down on her leather couch with some ice cream and watched some woman in Iraq babbling about having her family killed and village destroyed).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

???

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lolwut?

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

First, I have to admit to watching WSYX news tonight.

Now that that’s out of the way, they interviewed a homeowner on Jessing Trail who had a fawn jump through her living room window today. Said interviewee’s demeanor was as described above — near tears and devastated by the destruction. No link on the WSYX site as of now, so you’ll just have to take my word for it, or someone else who will admit to watching WSYX might speak up.

(I’m too lazy to change channels after watching Pan Am).

L.I. to Buckeye
    L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I saw this story tonight and it really upset me.
    WSYX showed a picture of the poor little fawn dying in the woman’s backyard. After all of the animal devastation this week, it was too much for me to handle. I guess it was news, but seeing the dying fawn broke my heart. If they warned their viewers that there may be upsetting material coming up, I missed it.

I’m going to write in a complaint to the station manager. It was not necessary to show the poor little deer.

Sorry. Super-sensitive animal lover here…

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Reporter helpfully told viewers that the animal “passed out” from blood loss (cut to shot of dead fawn “passed out” in a blanket). Homeowner may have missed this, as she was still quite distraught over her disheveled dining set. She was also shocked that something like a deer-through-the-window could happen there, in The Woods at Josephinum.

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Video now on the site.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

@M.O.

I think we all agree that local TV news is abysmal and inane. Is there a point to this post beyond stupid bashing of someone whose lifestyle and location you have a deep hatred for?

A.

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

My wife was greatly distraught when a bat flew in our window one night and we spent an hour trying to get it out. I am sorry for the fawn, but I can see how she could be shaken.

Chris Sherman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mo imagine that happening to your house and your stuff. I would be pretty upset too. Sounds like thousands if not more in damages to the home and furniture.

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Andrew Hall said:
    @M.O.

I think we all agree that local TV news is abysmal and inane. Is there a point to this post beyond stupid bashing of someone whose lifestyle and location you have a deep hatred for?

A.

So you could read between the lines and determine I have a deep hatred for this woman’s lifestyle but not read between the lines for the irony I so painstakingly highlighted?

Man, the internets are a riot.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

M.O. said:
    So you could read between the lines and determine I have a deep hatred for this woman’s lifestyle but not read between the lines for the irony I so painstakingly highlighted?

Man, the internets are a riot.

Terms like McMansion and your other comments pretty much communicate contempt. If you wish to hide behinid ‘irony,’ … I suspect what Inigo Montoya said to Vizzini is correct.

A.

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

“Guilty” on using “McMansion” and projecting contempt. Irony remains.

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

I don’t see the irony. People put roofs, walls, doors and windows on their houses to control their environment – no matter where they live. If deer jumping through windows was common there would be a ‘deer whistle’ version for your house.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Being crazy is fun.

klhaop8dhg a9ichb;lkvnz
    afjhbo8xzihbli

alkcbhp;ozudfh;gipuwqtqet8iyaoih;gi2[itliqtn;eht8,q.kbet.,jbelrjwhvy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?