Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

3rd x northwest grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 3rd x northwest grandview

This topic contains 48 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mas917 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

mas917
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Looks like construction across from Byrne’s (the rundown auto shop)… anyone know whats going on? Sprucing up the corner?!

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anything would be better than that shop. I am curious as to what will open up in the old barber shop. noticed that the ‘for rent’ signs are down

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I noticed they put up some temporary fencing as well. Haven’t seen anything about any redevelopment. I believe that property is still in Columbus, not Grandview, and haven’t come across anything on the DoD Columbus website.

derm
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I wonder if there are any tanks underground they would have to remove if it was a filling station. Super location though

derm
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just drove by, looks like tank removal. Old pipes coming out of a big hole, mobile enviro lab on site.

HighLife
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It would be fantastic if they could clean up this site; that “Wheels Motor Sales” business is so ugly and unkempt. I used to push my son’s stroller up Northwest to get to the Grandview strip, and I’d have to avoid that corner because there would frequently be junked up cars blocking the sidewalk.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

HighLife said:
    It would be fantastic if they could clean up this site; that “Wheels Motor Sales” business is so ugly and unkempt. I used to push my son’s stroller up Northwest to get to the Grandview strip, and I’d have to avoid that corner because there would frequently be junked up cars blocking the sidewalk.

For whatever reason, this still happens often.

StateofDevotion
    StateofDevotion
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I heard over the weekend that now the gas tanks are gone Wheels is being torn down to make way for a bar. Anyone have any info on that? During the same conversation there was talk that the former barbershop/used car lot on the other corner has been leased out.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

StateofDevotion said:
    I heard over the weekend that now the gas tanks are gone Wheels is being torn down to make way for a bar. Anyone have any info on that? During the same conversation there was talk that the former barbershop/used car lot on the other corner has been leased out.

Not sure but they are still working on cars at the site. I noticed renovation work going on over the weekend at the olde barber shoppe.

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

A good location for another bar, but a little tight for a decent parking lot. They must be planning on mostly street parking.

The combo of Woodlands, Byrnes and Granddad’s seem to keep foot traffic up in the area.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

cbus11 said:
    A good location for another bar, but a little tight for a decent parking lot. They must be planning on mostly street parking.

The combo of Woodlands, Byrnes and Granddad’s seem to keep foot traffic up in the area.

Truth and not a long walk to Grandview Ave either. I can stumble drunkenly home from that whole area.

StateofDevotion
    StateofDevotion
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was hoping car repair would not continue after clean-up was complete. Let’s hope it’s temporary. Word on the barbershop is it has something to do with growlers.

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rumor: someone who works at another bar on that strip mentioned a few weeks ago that Chris Corso of the Park Street empire and Short North Pint House purchased that corner where Wheels is/was located.

GW_Justice
    GW_Justice
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I happen to know the owner of the house two lots south of the “Wheels” former gas station. The home just to the south was torn down years ago and the empty lot had a pumping station to do remediation for a gasoline leak that happened years ago. So yea, the location has a problem, which is why nobody else ever wanted to buy it. Maybe they are assuming the pumping has resolved the issue.

No idea what is being built there now.

Oh, the growlers place is going into the barber shop on the other corner.

musicfan2
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Someone could have sent in a complaint to 311 about the condition of the wheels lot. It’s been a craphole for a long time.

Just what the neighborhood needs another bar <sarcasm>. Nor do we need another pizza shop or hair salon, or nail/tanning shop in the area.

A Greenspace would be better.

Drunk hippies leaving Woodlands, parking up the neighborhood, leaving their trash, ripping side mirrors off other cars, backing over signs, running into posts, and generally being lame is not what we need more of.

Corso can leave park street on park street.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?