Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

This topic contains 134 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I don’t think 245 N. Long St is the right address…

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    I don’t think 245 N. Long St is the right address…

oops, 245 N Grant St

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m really excited for these projects to break ground …. hopefully soon

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saw this from the Neighborhood Launch website:

“Neighborhood Launch updates: construction will begin on the first of two apartment buildings. The first building should be completed by the summer of 2013.”

So I’m thinking they’ll have to get moving on this soon.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

futureman said:
    oops, 245 N Grant St

Hrmm…. are they going to build a new building there? The existing building seems weird/small for their use…

Guess I need to just wait for my print edition to arrive this afternoon (ugh).

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I wondered about Faith Mission moving in another thread. It was just a matter of time.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Hrmm…. are they going to build a new building there? The existing building seems weird/small for their use…

Guess I need to just wait for my print edition to arrive this afternoon (ugh).

According to the article they are going to spend over $1million to renovate the space. It will accommodate more seats than the current building does.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    Saw this from the Neighborhood Launch website:

“Neighborhood Launch updates: construction will begin on the first of two apartment buildings. The first building should be completed by the summer of 2013.”

So I’m thinking they’ll have to get moving on this soon.

I would imagine anytime soon they will be starting. Foundation/site work isn’t so much fun in the cold, frozen winter months.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

looks like they finally put up the online version of the article …

Faith Mission swaps sites with Edwards Cos. along Long Street
    Premium content from Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, September 7, 2012, 2:14pm EDT
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter- Business First

A historic downtown Columbus church will become a community and sales center for a planned Edwards Cos. apartment project under a property swap completed in August.

Faith Mission Inc., the nonprofit operator of community kitchens and homeless shelters on East Long Street, plans to move its meals operation from 151 N. Sixth St. two blocks west down Long Street to 245 N. Grant Ave., a vacant warehouse and retail building Edwards has owned since 2008.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/09/07/faith-mission-swaps-sites-with-edwards.html

Stephen43215
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone else notice there is a construction trailer on site at Neighborhood Launch?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I saw a couple of heavy machines parked over there. But wasn’t sure if they’ve been there awhile or not…

Stephen43215
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Its parked inside the fence where the 5 story condo building is planned on Gay behind Hills Market.

ehill27
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They’ve been there several weeks. I thought they might be related to the Hills construction.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was by the new 5 story apartment site at 6th and Long today and there was a crew doing excavation work (aka tearing up the old parking lot).

stephentszuter
    stephentszuter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joshlapp said:
    I was by the new 5 story apartment site at 6th and Long today and there was a crew doing excavation work (aka tearing up the old parking lot).

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS finally!

So good–thanks for the update.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?