Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

This topic contains 139 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  mike0878 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Neighborhood Launch to Build 260 New Downtown Apartment Units
    By: Walker

Today, Neighborhood Launch has unveiled that they will be anchoring the northern end of the development on Long Street with two new five-story luxury apartment buildings facing Long Street, each of which will contain 130 units. The luxury apartment units will be a mix of one and two bedroom floorplans with balconies and underground parking facilities.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/neighborhood-launch-to-build-260-new-downtown-apartment-units

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Neighborhood Launch to Break Ground on New Apartments and Condos in 2012
    Published on July 6, 2012 3:50 pm
    By: Walker

2012 has proven to be a pivotal year for apartment development in Columbus. Approximately 3,000 new rental units in two dozen new developments have either been announced recently or are already under construction, primarily located in the central part of the city.

And nearly 400 of those new residents will soon call Neighborhood Launch home, as the Gay Street residential community begins construction on the first of three new buildings within the next few weeks.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/neighborhood-launch-to-break-ground-on-new-apartments-and-condos-in-2012

Pro Se
    Participant

It wasn’t entirely clear to me where the second installment of Bishop’s Walk would go. Assuming the condo building goes in on the corner of Sixth and Gay, what would be left on Gay for that project?

jbcmh81
    Participant

So there are at least 4 more buildings coming? The two 5 story rentals, the 5-story condo building and the second Bishop’s Walk?

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

The second phase of Bishop Walk will continue east on Gay Street with the new 5 story condo building being built at Gay and 6th east of the old victorian house. I think the area I highlighted in red will be future condo’s and apartment’s.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I really wish they would get rid of the “Neighborhood Launch” name. Give it a name fitting of a real neighborhood. I also hope more small retail gets incorporated throughout, coffee shop, restaurants, etc. This area is getting more and more exciting. Love it.

mrpoppinzs

jpizzow said:
    I really wish they would get rid of the “Neighborhood Launch” name. Give it a name fitting of a real neighborhood. I also hope more small retail gets incorporated throughout, coffee shop, restaurants, etc. This area is getting more and more exciting. Love it.

+1

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I wonder when the city will be starting the conversion of Long Street to two way? That alone will change the area drastically.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jpizzow said:
    I really wish they would get rid of the “Neighborhood Launch” name. Give it a name fitting of a real neighborhood.

The neighborhood is called “Downtown”.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    I think the area I highlighted in red will be future condo’s and apartment’s.

The red area north of Long is going to be turned into parking for the apartment buildings.

This is due to the fact that NL was originally going to be a ~400 person development, and now it’s closer to an ~700 person development.

Edwards said that they would landscape and mask the parking from Long St though, so it doesn’t look as bad as it does now.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Did Edwards say if it would be a surface lot or parking garage? Im glad Long is getting some much needed attention.. Long Street from downtown to the KLD will look totally different in a few years with Neighborhood Launch and the new dorms at CCAD

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Hope that law office at sixth and gay starts caring about that property since it looks like the building is staying there. (if they are even actually in it still).

leftovers

Is Edwards the same developer that is putting this pile of pooh on 3rd Ave? I am hoping not, but it looks like it is. It seems worse if they have been doing other urban projects.

Tribeca – Edwards Communities Apartments on West Third Avenue

http://www.edwardscompanies.com/Development.aspx

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    Did Edwards say if it would be a surface lot or parking garage? Im glad Long is getting some much needed attention.. Long Street from downtown to the KLD will look totally different in a few years with Neighborhood Launch and the new dorms at CCAD

It sounds like it will remain a surface lot for the near future.

futureman
    Participant

For some reason I can’t find article online, but it’s in the print/pdf edtion of this weeks Business First.

Faith Mission located at 315 E Long St. will be moving, the historic church building will be used as a community center for these two apartment buildings.

Faith Mission will move operations to 245 N. Grant St in a land swap deal with Edwards.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.