Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Two New Five-Story Apartment Buildings at Neighborhood Launch

This topic contains 139 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  mike0878 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author

mike0878
    Participant

Does anyone know of the quality of construction in The Normandy? I viewed a model yesterday and the inside, as you can tell from pictures, is gorgeous. However, I got to thinking, what do people think of the other Edwards communities? So I did a search for reviews on their other properties and across the board, the same complaints were being made: thin walls/poor insulation yielded the sounds of every footstep, leaky windows with mold growth plagued the walls, and cheap single paned glass delivered high electricity bills. Now I am very wary of the guts of such a “pretty” building.

Anyone know if The Normandy is any different? I am viewing actual spaces still under construction this weekend and hopefully will get a better idea.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I can’t speak for other rentals, but I live in one of the one bedroom condos across the block at Neighborhood Launch, and the quality of the construction and of the finishings is terrific in my amateur estimation. Insulation is good; windows are great; no mold anywhere to be seen; electricity bills are reasonable.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Does anyone know of the quality of construction in The Normandy? I viewed a model yesterday and the inside, as you can tell from pictures, is gorgeous. However, I got to thinking, what do people think of the other Edwards communities? So I did a search for reviews on their other properties and across the board, the same complaints were being made: thin walls/poor insulation yielded the sounds of every footstep, leaky windows with mold growth plagued the walls, and cheap single paned glass delivered high electricity bills. Now I am very wary of the guts of such a “pretty” building.

Anyone know if The Normandy is any different? I am viewing actual spaces still under construction this weekend and hopefully will get a better idea.

Keep in mind that there’s a couple of different arms to the organization (Edwards Development, Edwards Communities, Edwards Urban, etc, and there seems to be different products created at different levels and standards.

I’d say that there’s a pretty big difference between what was created with a smaller budget at Tribeca as a rental property versus a larger budget on for-sale condos at Neighborhood Launch. From what I’ve seen of The Normandy, it falls in line with the higher quality product of Neighborhood Launch. My assumption is that the buildings may turn from rental to for-sale condos in the future when that market rebounds enough to support that conversion, so they’re building them to higher-quality condo standards.

Of course, you could always schedule an appointment and go visit their model unit for yourself. ;)

wpcc88
    Participant

Edwards in Dublin, mehhh.. Edwards at Tribeca, ok now we have something.. Edwards at Normandy has taken longer to build than any of their other developments to date which means that they took time to make sure the little things were right on this one.. it took them a little over a year to finish Tribeca and they are on year two of Normandy

mike0878
    Participant

Thanks for the input, guys. I hope you’re right. I’ll be viewing actual spaces under construction this weekend, so I will take a closer look.

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.