Our City Online

Messageboard - Club & DJ Events

1st Annual Zombie Pub Crawl

Home Forums Events Club & DJ Events 1st Annual Zombie Pub Crawl

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  district76 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

district76
    Login to Send PM

Embrace the season, brains are pleasin’!! Dress up as the undead (required!) and stagger with us from bar to bar while chanting…What do we want? “Brains!!” When do we want it? “Brains!!”

Saturday, October 24th, 6pm starting at Skully’s and heading due south down High Street and ending at the Char Bar. There is no set schedule, once it starts you can go at your own pace.

This is very informal and anyone (of legal drinking age) is welcome to join the zombie mob so invite ur friends. After all, you need someone to apply the fake wounds, blood and makeup to create that not so fresh, lifeless look everyone’s going for these days. You can find details HERE and if you’re on Facebook,

HERE.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Nice!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

always great to end at Char Bar. yay Long Islands!

WalksTop
    Login to Send PM

this is awesome!

Hael
    Hael
    Login to Send PM

Anne wrote >>
    Char Bar. yay Long Islands!

If ever there was a black out in a glass, its Char Bar Long Islands! Too good. = )

Zombie crawl is a great idea.

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hael wrote >>

Anne wrote >>
    Char Bar. yay Long Islands!

If ever there was a black out in a glass, its Char Bar Long Islands! Too good. = )

CB LIITs are always delicious, but at the point you say “I think I can handle one more,” you should stop, go home and drink only water for the next 72-hours.

On the other hand zombies are already dead so it shouldn’t really bother them.

SusanB
    SusanB
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Speaking of zombies, I’ll use this thread to help plug another zombie event:

Zombies: When the Dead Walk
    a film by Donna Zuckerbrot, produced by Reel Time Images
    Friday, November 13, 2009
    8:00pm
    Canzani Center at the Columbus College of Art & Design
    Zombies are part of pop culture, but what are they? Where do they come from? How can we ever be free of the curse of the living dead? To find real zombies we will have to go quite a ways from Hollywood and its pop culture offshoots. In Haiti Zombies are an integral part of the island’s cultural and religious roots. Outlawed by the government, zombification is said to be performed secretly in the countryside. It’s meant as a punishment for crimes against the community. The culprit is magically killed, resurrected and enslaved. We take a look at the practice of Voodoo, examine advances in psychopharmacology, and zombies in popular culture. It’s a surreal mix of religion, science and fun ‘When the Dead Walk’.
    Admission is $5, free with student id. Dress like a zombie and get in free. Prizes for best zombie costumes.
    Parking is free in CCAD lots

noah
    noah
    Login to Send PM

Is this still on? How many people are actually going? I’d love to go, I’d just rather not be the only person in a bar looking like the undead…

district76
    Login to Send PM

noah wrote >>
    Is this still on? How many people are actually going? I’d love to go, I’d just rather not be the only person in a bar looking like the undead…

Yes it is still going on! I can’t say exactly how many people will be there because it is open to anyone. I will say that I know at least 30+ people will be there and given that this post alone has had 500+ views I have to assume that at least 5% will show so that would be over 50 people. Either way, you will not be the only one at the bar looking like the undead, unless you pass out in your seat and we leave you there!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Club & DJ Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.