Five University District Developments Set to Open this Summer
Five major developments are scheduled to come online this August in the University District, bringing an additional 531 apartments, 705 parking spaces and a significant amount of new retail space to the High Street and Lane Avenue corridors.
Here are the basics on each project, including the retail tenants that have been confirmed so far for each.
- Uncommon Columbus – Located at the corner of Seventh and High, directly across from the new Northside Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, this six-story building will hold 154 residential units and a 188-space garage. The furnished apartments range from a 414 square-foot studio (renting for $1,099 a month) to a four-bedroom suite for $4,196. No retail tenants have been announced yet.
- Luxe Belle – Also six stories, this 95-unit building replaces a single suburban-style Taco Bell and its parking lot. The first floor of the new building will contain an upscale Taco Bell Cantina, and a parking garage with multiple underground levels will hold 116 cars. One-bedroom apartments start at 530 square feet and are priced in the $1,500 range, while two and three-bedroom apartments range from 854 to 1,258 square feet, with rents from $2,420 to $3,450.
- The Wellington – This 170-unit building, which required the demolition of eight existing buildings, is the first of several major projects that will completely remake the area around 15th and High. A Target and a Chick-Fil-A are planned for the first floor, and a parking garage will have space for 171 cars. Rent for a 469 square-foot studio starts at $1,300, while a four-bedroom suite will go for $3,920.
- Wilson Place – Located at the corner of Lane and High, this five-story, 69-unit building will feature a Starbucks, a Chipotle and a CoreLife Eatery on its first floor. A 150-space parking garage will also serve the existing retail strip along High Street that contains the restaurants Diaspora and Noodles. Two and three-bedroom apartments range from 775 to 1,125 square feet and are priced from $2,430 to $3,795.
- The Point – This seven-story building is located at the northeast corner of Lane Avenue and Tuttle Park Place. It will contain 43 furnished apartments and parking for 80 cars. Expect a tenant announcement soon for both the first floor retail and second-floor office space. Pricing for the furnished apartments has not yet been released.
Not as far along as these five projects is the View on Pavey Square, located farther north on High, between Northwood and Oakland avenues. That development will contain 132 apartments, an automated parking garage that will accommodate about 250 cars, and a little over 6,500 square feet of retail and office space.
Additional Reading: Fast Forward: The University District