First Look: Bodega Columbus Relaunch

Ayana Wilson Ayana Wilson First Look: Bodega Columbus RelaunchPhotos by Ayana Wilson.

It has seemed an interminable wait, but finally, the doors to Bodega Columbus, located at 1044 North High Street, are once again open. It’s got a new look, new menu, but same great attitude and people.

The new layout at Bodega allows customers to order their food at a window before sitting, thereby expediting the wait time between order and food delivery. The bar has also been extended, so now there are more spot to belly up to enjoy one of the city’s best lineup of beers.

Bodega’s new menu features delicious pub fare with kicked-up flavor, from fish sandwiches, to chicken salads, to fried chicken. They continue to offer patrons craft beers, specialty cocktails, and a great happy hour.

Bodega Columbus reopens on Monday, May 12th, to coincide with American Craft Beer Week. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 3pm – 2am, Saturday- Sunday, 11am – 2am. On opening day only, food service will begin at 6pm.

For more on Bodega Columbus, visit www.columbusbodega.com.

Photos by Ayana Wilson.

new-bodega-02

new-bodega-03

new-bodega-04

new-bodega-06

new-bodega-07

new-bodega-08

new-bodega-05

10 Responses to First Look: Bodega Columbus Relaunch

1. macmure May 12, 2014 3:40 pm at 3:40 pm

Grilled cheese?

2. Lisa Craig Morton
    Lisa Craig Morton May 12, 2014 3:58 pm at 3:58 pm

Is it the same chef as they had before? Or is there a new chef?

3. Graybeak
    Graybeak May 12, 2014 4:59 pm at 4:59 pm

Their facebook page has them listed as a “Chicken Restaurant”.

4. Lisa Craig Morton
    Lisa Craig Morton May 12, 2014 6:12 pm at 6:12 pm

After looking at these photos and reading the review in Columbus Alive, I have to say this is a huge disappointment. Fewer tables means more “stand-up” service and more people packed in just drinking. The menu is much smaller and, IMHO, very lame. Seems like a fast-food chicken restaurant menu. The last thing the Short North needs is more bars catering to the “twenty-something” drinking crowd. I don’t even think I need to try this.

5. mrsgeedeck May 12, 2014 6:58 pm at 6:58 pm

Stopped in after work. Love the new bar set up and cocktail menu. Lots of familiar faces from Seventh Son so you’re definitely getting experienced staff slinging drinks. Layout felt more spacious and easier to navigate as well without the raised platform of seating there previously. Happy Hour specials were unclear, but I expect this to change as they settle in through the week.

I like the food ordering process, although I’m interested in seeing how hairy the line can get if the place is full. Really appreciated that the POS integrates between bar and kitchen so starting a tab is super easy. I did overhear another patron lamenting the lack of vegetarian entrees so I’m also interested in how this might evolve.

6. scottth1 May 13, 2014 10:56 am at 10:56 am

Can anyone confirm whether or not their happy hour remains the same?

• mikeonabike
      mikeonabike May 15, 2014 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm

it was half off drafts until 8:00 tonight.

7. mikeonabike
    mikeonabike May 15, 2014 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm

i went tonight, and i was completely underwhelmed. i can’t believe they were closed that long to come back as such a mediocre bar. the place has no character. it actually feels like it’s unfinished from a design perspective, but they needed to finally reopen to make some money. the menu is limited and uninteresting. we just had drinks and left to get food somewhere else.

8. Chris Sherman May 16, 2014 7:01 am at 7:01 am

I’m personally very pleased with the upgrade. I have enjoyed many memorable evenings on the patio! The pasted art work is interesting. I’m not hard to please, just happy I can enjoy the patio again! All a matter of taste..

9. manin June 26, 2014 9:20 am at 9:20 am

Stopped in a few days ago and wanted to ‘experience’ the new Bodega myself. I read a few reviews on the new update and was intrigue that it was inspired by Brooklyn famous Pies ‘n’ Thighs. I have lived in NYC for 15 years and 8 in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I still do. Sadly I was quite disappointed. Didn’t come close one bit. Order a few things and below are my comments.

1. Chicken sandwich – It was dry and not seasoned. Lack of flavor. My fried chicken didn’t even fill the whole bun. It was a little piece. I suggest two pieces next time!

2. Kale salad – I had better apple cider vinaigrette and my kale was drenched with the dressing.

3. Mac n’ Cheese – Let’s say I definitely can have a do better.

Sorry to be a food snob but I am.

Cheers!