The City of Columbus officially turned 200 years young in 2012, and we celebrated that birthday all year long with a series of new events, amplified existing events, parties, galas and more.
We asked our readers to pick their favorite celebratory moment from 2012, and the number one response was Red, White & Boom, the annual Fourth of July Downtown fireworks celebration. This years festivities included a longer than normal fireworks show, more concessions and daytime events, and of course, the brand new renovated riverfront area that provided some of the best sight lines for the fireworks.
The Top 10 200Columbus Moments of 2012:
- Red, White & Boom
- Artists’ inFORMAL
- WOSU Neighborhood Documentary Series
- The Bicentennial Birthday Celebration
- Finding Time Public Art Installations
- Independents’ Day 2012
- The Columbus Arts Festival
- The Short North Public Art Murals
- The Idea Book Event During Design Week
Photo by Ben Simon Custom Photography.