Clever Crow Closing North Market Shop

Walker Evans Walker Evans Clever Crow Closing North Market Shop

After two years of operations at the North Market, Clever Crow owners Gary Robinette and Brooke Howell have decided to close their pizza business. At this point in time, the duo has not yet determined if they will continue to provide pizza at the Circus Bar in the Short North following the closure of their operations at the North Market.

“Clever Crow offered North Market visitors a unique and different look at pizza,” said North Market Executive Director Dave Wible, who will also be departing the market soon following his 12 years of service. “Personally, I thought it was one of the Market’s better offerings. I’ll miss Brooke and Gary and their distinctive point-of-view.”

The final day of business at the North Market will be Sunday, December 23rd.

More information can be found online at www.clevercrowpizza.com.

11 Responses to Clever Crow Closing North Market Shop

1. geoyui November 20, 2012 2:44 pm at 2:44 pm

that’s a shame. i really enjoyed their pizza. Hope they will offer it somewhere else.

2. jeffisbiking November 20, 2012 3:11 pm at 3:11 pm

This is sad and also confusing. Just a couple months ago, they launched a Kickstarter to help them open up a restaurant location (which appeared to be canceled because a couple of mean comments on the article here appeared to get under their skin). Now they’re closing it all down? I really hope it’s more of a hiatus than a shutdown until they can find funding or save up a relaunch in a proper restaurant.

3. mbeaumont November 20, 2012 4:10 pm at 4:10 pm

Well that sucks. :(

4. jennyw
    jennyw November 20, 2012 4:39 pm at 4:39 pm

That’s disappointing. I was happy to hear about their plans for growth; I hope there’s some way that they can make this work for them, as the pizza is truly like none other, and it would be very much missed ’round these parts.

5. buckette13 November 20, 2012 9:20 pm at 9:20 pm

Huh? What about the restaurant?

6. MichaelC
    MichaelC November 21, 2012 10:15 am at 10:15 am

Disappointing news. If I had to venture a guess, the (comparatively) long wait for food discouraged repeat customers.

But their pizza will always be my favorite in town.

7. litlgrey November 25, 2012 10:37 am at 10:37 am

NOOOO!!! I was just there! This is SO freakin’ uncool!!!

8. riosig79 November 26, 2012 1:34 pm at 1:34 pm

This saddens me. CC is one of those go to spots for me to take friends. I have been treated like my likes matter. I will miss product but it’s Brooke & Gary and their contributions to the NM and our culinary Cbus that will forever be blessed to have been treated by amazing talents.

9. sarahb
    sarahb November 26, 2012 5:21 pm at 5:21 pm

That is too bad. I really like their pizza. :(

10. Anne Evans
    Anne November 28, 2012 2:08 pm at 2:08 pm

UPDATE from Clever Crow’s Facebook page:
    Clever Crow Pizza
    It saddens us to say that we are closing our North Market location right before Christmas. We will however continue to serve at Circus! We are working on debuting some new things next year as well. We hope you will join us for dinner soon.

11. Molly November 29, 2012 4:38 pm at 4:38 pm

We love Clever Crow pizza! It’s absolutely stellar. Thank GOODNESS it’s still going to be at circus! Whew!