Each year, Easton Town Center donates a portion of proceeds from its Change for Charity parking meter program to six Central Ohio nonprofits.
In the program’s 14-year existence, more than $1 million has been raised for more than 50 organizations.
“The six we chose this year epitomize the giving spirit of Columbus and are making a difference in the lives of children and families− always an area of focus for us,” said Beau Arnason, executive vice president of Steiner + Associates, co-developers and managers of Easton.
In 2013, Change for Charity donations will:
- support the Harmony Project, whose mission is transforming the community through service and song;
- support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio’s youth mentoring programs and Camp Oty’Okwa;
- fund Charity Newsies’ purchases of clothing and shoes for children;
- provide money for meals at Community Kitchen Inc.’s Ohio Avenue facility;
- support Directions for Youth & Families’ Saturday Family Fun Days, children’s musical programs, field trips, etc.
- and help Huckleberry House purchase cribs for its transitional living program.
“We feel that each of these charities have great stories to tell and are involved in activities we may not even know about,” Arnason said, adding that a major benefit to partnering with Change for Charity is the visibility it provides.
Another way Easton gives back is through the Easton Community Foundation, which has donated more than $2 million through its Cornerstone Events and various community outreach programs.
“Whether it’s our Evening of Hope at Bon Vie benefiting the Center for Family Safety and Healing, the Celebration for Life event benefiting the James [Cancer Hospital], or the scholarships we provide to local high school students, community involvement has always been a critical component of our business,” Arnason said. “We recognized from the beginning that we had an opportunity and a responsibility to be community partners, not just a retail center.”
To learn more about Change for Charity, visit www.eastontowncenter.com.