One of the new categories added to this year’s reader survey was that of theatrical performances. We observed (and reviewed) over two dozen shows from a variety of local theatre troupes, and when we asked our readers to pick their favorite, they chose the run of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson produced by Available Light Theatre.
Here’s what CU Theatre Reviewer Halie Williams had to say about the show in her writeup:
In spite of the fact of the young cast and the show’s few slow moments, “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” proves to be a clever and intelligent amusement doused with a quick-witted script, cynicism and hilarity.
Top 10 Theatrical Performances of 2012:
- Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson – Available Light Theatre
- Robin Hood – Actors’ Theatre of Columbus
- Avenue Q – CATCO
- Dracula – BalletMet
- Cabaret – Short North Stage
- Waiting for Godot – Shepherd Productions
- Nutcracker – BalletMet
- Chicago – Shadowbox Live
- Jazz Moves Columbus – BalletMet + Jazz Arts Group
- Next Fall – CATCO