Best Local Drink of 2012: Brothers Drake Apple Pie Mead
2012 was another good year for local alcohol production, with new spirits, beers, wines and meads all being added to the lineup. Only one beverage of choice can stand out as number one, and this year our readers picked Brothers Drake Apple Pie Mead.
This mead has been described as “dessert in a glass” with its super sweet profile made from Ohio apples, local wildflower honey, and a blend of nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Perfect for holiday parties, and perfect for summer picnics.
Top 10 Local Drinks of 2012:
- Brothers Drake Apple Pie Mead
- Watershed Four Peel Gin
- Brothers Drake Honey Oak Mead
- OYO Honey Vanilla Bean Vodka
- Watershed Bourbon
- Columbus Brewing Company Pale Ale
- Columbus Brewing Company IPA
- OYO Vodka
- Rockmill Brewery Cask Aged Tripel
- OYO Bourbon Whiskey – Michelone Reserve