Best Drink of 2010 – Oyo Vodka
This summer, Columbus gained its first microdistillery as Middle West Spirits opened their doors to the community. It didn’t take long for the community to embrace them either, as their signature OYO Vodka brand has largely been named the Best Drink of 2010 in our reader poll.
Columbus Underground regulars have been sharing OYO Mixology tips for cocktail recipes, and several events at the Middle West Spirits production space in the Short North helped to keep them in the spotlight throughout 2010.
Top 10 Drinks of 2010:
- Oyo Vodka from Middle West Spirits
- Beers from Bell’s Brewing Company (Specifically: Oberon, Two Hearted ad Best Brown)
- Beers from The Columbus Brewing Company (Specifically: Pale Ale, Columbus IPA and Summer Teeth)
- Manhattan (Specifically: The Italian Manhattan at Deepwood)
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale
- Old Fashioned
- Everything else from Great Lakes (Specifically: Burning River and Nosferatu)
- Beers from The Elevator Brewing Company (Specifically: Bleeding Buckeye and Dark Horse)
- Cocktails from The Surly Girl Saloon (Specifically: Suly Cider, Suly Colada, Sass-parilla,)
- Beers from Barley’s Brewing Company (Specifically: Blood Thirst Wheat and Scottish Ale)