Online

Best CU Contributor of 2008: JimL2 & ndcent

Anne Evans Anne Evans

Surprisingly, we ended up with a first-place tie in the category of “Best Columbus Underground Contributor of 2008″. The leading votes were split down the middle between JimL2 and ndcent.

JimL2 of course being famous for watching crappy movies and blogging for burgers, while ndcent is famous for getting people talking about bacon and pet peaves (sic).

Does anyone have any favorite JimL2 or ndcent moments from 2008 to share?

Third Place: Rockmastermike

#4 Bear

#5 Coremodels

#6 Andrew Hall

#7 Motorist

#8 Enzo

#9 Cyclist

#10 Manatee

23 Responses to Best CU Contributor of 2008: JimL2 & ndcent

Walker January 18, 2009 7:59 pm at 7:59 pm

Consider this our version of American Idol.

2. Jim Lauwers
    JimL2 January 18, 2009 8:17 pm at 8:17 pm

Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and extra-special thanks to myself for being so clever.

I’m really just honored to be up here with fellow winners Coldplay, and CU “Best Of 2008″ winners Coldplay.

3. Manatee
    Manatee January 18, 2009 8:59 pm at 8:59 pm

Well, considering everyone’s attitudes toward Enzo and Cyclist… I’m… what’s the word? Honored? To be ranked beneath them, haha.

I have some great JimL2 and Ndcent moments from 2008, but none that I’d like to share.

4. Bear
    Bear January 18, 2009 9:30 pm at 9:30 pm

Wow! I’m honored, truly. I guess the best advice for future success would be to practice succinctness and creative obscenity.

In any case, I’d like to thank the Academy, my mother, my lovely wife Colleen, and — hey, no, not the music, not the music!

5. Jim Lauwers
    JimL2 January 18, 2009 9:39 pm at 9:39 pm

Bear’s got a good point–what did we win??

Walker January 18, 2009 9:55 pm at 9:55 pm

Well, I was going to give out a prize for first place, but really I think you’re both just tied for second.

7. Manatee
    Manatee January 18, 2009 9:57 pm at 9:57 pm

I think they should be sent on assignment together.

8. Rockmastermike January 18, 2009 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm

LOL
    I’m happy ya’ll enjoy my ramblings, but I’m really just an old crank with a keyboard and more free time than I ever wanted to have.

CU is a great service, and it’s been really great to get to know all of you guys this year.

9. somertimeoh
    somertimeoh January 18, 2009 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm

There’s not enough beer in Columbus for that assignment :)

Congrats boys!!

10. LauraA January 18, 2009 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm

i’m going to lick jimL2′s face when i see him again. that’s his prize.

11. sweeney January 19, 2009 12:45 am at 12:45 am

a crime

12. Coremodels January 19, 2009 7:03 am at 7:03 am

As much as I love JL2 and Nd, I really think Enzo deserved this. Very few posts continue to invoke an emotional response like “OOOOOOH! WE should TOTALLY blah blah blah”.

13. joev
    joev January 19, 2009 7:32 am at 7:32 am

Eh, JimL2 is highly overrated, and Ndcent has been phoning it in for the past six months.

Walker January 19, 2009 9:14 am at 9:14 am

Joev: Already in the running for fan-favorite of 2009?

15. Manatee
    Manatee January 19, 2009 9:21 am at 9:21 am

P.S. Where is Gram? Recount! :P

16. somertimeoh
    somertimeoh January 19, 2009 11:09 am at 11:09 am

Joev has officially earned his place back on Somer’s shit list :( We’d come so far in 2008, I’m terribly disappointed.

17. joev
    joev January 19, 2009 11:25 am at 11:25 am

If that’s all it takes to get back on your shit list, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort ;)

18. somertimeoh
    somertimeoh January 19, 2009 11:43 am at 11:43 am

You called my man overrated. He won’t care, but I’m a protector by nature.

19. brothermarcus
    brothermarcus January 19, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm

“How can it be bullshit to state a preference?” High Fidelity, Nick Hornby … I have a feeling, at this rate, everyone will end up on Somer’s shit list eventually… way to encourage discourse! ;)

20. Jim Lauwers
    JimL2 January 19, 2009 5:34 pm at 5:34 pm

I don’t think it’s fair to judge NDcent so harshly, just because he’s using dialup.

Walker January 19, 2009 6:11 pm at 6:11 pm

And that’s why I voted for you. <3

22. CMH Gourmand
    CMH Gourmand January 19, 2009 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm

Um… I think the Academy needs to review the by-laws again. CUA code 2008.3.1.11 clearly states that anyone that fails the Dagwood Challenge is exempt for any and all awards. The shame of DEFEAT carries on. Coremodels, JimL2 and Ndecent are OUT!

However, I do want to make very clear that this does not allow Cyclist to get any awards either. As Ambassador for the Peach District his hands are tied…or should be.

23. Ndcent
    Ndcent January 20, 2009 8:49 am at 8:49 am

This is an honor like none I have known.

online categories