All Comments

The Latest 25 Comments:

Indyout commented on
Protest, Arrests at Pride Parade Highlight Racism, Transphobia in LGBTQ Community:
"Read the article, it's self explanatory."
July 9, 2017 12:40 pm
Keith Pritchard commented on
Pearl Market Adds Tastings from Local Wineries:
"Wine kills human pathogens and has no history of food safety issues, and since licensing passed in a 2009 budget bill (by surprise) we have been subject to food processing licensing and regulation by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. This is duplicate of licensing and regulation as provided in Ohio liquor codes. Many other states exempt from this sort of duplicate licensing and regulation. Ohio's regulation is superfluous, unnecessary, duplicate and also discriminates against Ohio wineries by wineries from out of state that are not subject to the same food processing licensing and regulatory costs that sell wholesale in Ohio. As a traditional artisan winemaker that values microbial diversity in the winery environment I also find the regulation is in direct opposition to my winemaking principles. www.FreeTheWineries.com or www.facebook.com/FreeTheWineries"
July 8, 2017 1:06 pm
tommy hecker commented on
"Then please elaborate on your previous comment. How is CU stirring up controversy rather than reporting on it?"
July 7, 2017 12:51 pm
JoePeffer commented on
Columbus City Adventures Will Explore City's Architecture, Development and History:
"This is a great idea, why not in Columbus, we have a lot to celebrate here. Congrats and kudos to all involved."
July 7, 2017 12:13 pm
Brian J Rippel commented on
First Phase of Motorists' Plan Calls for Five-Story Building Overlooking Topiary Park:
"If they can get some parking lot infill of the lots just west at Grant behind the Seneca, this would begin to shape into a thriving community similar to Neighborhood Launch. Maybe even a ten story high-rise?"
July 7, 2017 10:55 am
Indyout commented on
"Ha!! Ur barking up the wrong tree Girl. I am as Gay as they come!! Sorry ur so predjadice tho."
July 7, 2017 10:12 am
tommy hecker commented on
"So often I'm embarrassed to be a straight, white dude because of the dumb things other straight, white dudes can't stop saying..... I'm sorry you guys feel inconvenienced when you have to read about the real-world suffering of others."
July 7, 2017 9:30 am
traviscols commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"It's actually quite hilarious... I wasn't even going to look at that Austin compared to Cbus pic, because I honestly couldn't care less, but then I was at a friend's house using his computer (which has a bigger screen than my tablet I use at home) and when I scrolled through, that picture was already opened on his computer and when I saw it, I seriously laughed out loud! A picture of Austin's skyline next to a random picture of a building on Parsons!! WTF? Lol Not sure why he even bothers?"
July 6, 2017 9:05 pm
Bob McKenna commented on
Drunch Eatery + Bar Opens in Italian Village Next Week:
"I don't care for the Pepsi Logo on the sign. The concept seems too contrived. Very stereotyped concept including every tired new trend. I will try the food and report back."
July 6, 2017 7:09 pm
Pete commented on
BrewDog Recruits Local Entrepreneur Tanisha Robinson to Head U.S. Operations:
"I'm wondering what she will do with Print Syndicate."
July 6, 2017 6:54 pm
Celeste Malvar-Stewart commented on
Eco-Conscious Fashion Designer Celeste Malvar-Stewart Uses Fibers From Ohio Farms:
"CORRECTION: I will present my M=S interiorwear as a part of the Columbus Museum of Art's Artist at Large event in November. The installation for this event will have usable and interactive interiorwear; however, it will NOT be my own exhibition or show, and will not include clothing."
July 6, 2017 6:42 pm
Bunny VonTussle commented on
Drunch Eatery + Bar Opens in Italian Village Next Week:
"Five chefs! What could possibly go wrong???"
July 6, 2017 10:20 am
John commented on
Cup O Joe Closing Lennox Location:
"Testing"
July 6, 2017 9:38 am
traviscols commented on
Restaurant Review: Red Door BBQ:
"I'm excited to see more and more BBQ's opening all over the city... Can't wait to give this place a shot!"
July 5, 2017 7:43 pm
Pete commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"Thank you for the info. It's good to know. I still think the convention center is very unattractive. Do you like it?"
July 5, 2017 7:26 pm
Pete commented on
"I've learned to pick and choose what I read on CU. There are a lot of great articles and also a ton of useful info on this site. And I agree with Walker's comment below that you can tell from the headlines what an article is going to be about. However, if you want balanced viewpoints on political issues this should not be your go-to source. Try realclearpolitics.com. It seems to have an equal mix of left and right viewpoints."
July 5, 2017 7:23 pm
jman commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"I wouldn't count on it ever being approved, then it will sit for a year, then we'll be in another economic downturn nationally. Another broken dream. I hope I'm wrong. Hey this IS ColumbusOhio."
July 5, 2017 5:02 pm
jman commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"Major progress, just not enough of it."
July 5, 2017 4:30 pm
jman commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"Tacky? It's what's happening in Miami and LA. We wait 20 years here to make sure everyone else is building something similar. For some reason, we just can't grasp what the rest of the country is doing."
July 5, 2017 4:27 pm
jman commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"The convention center is a branch of Post- Modernism called "De - Constructionist", same with the Wexner Center."
July 5, 2017 4:24 pm
ohio_pyro commented on
Red, White & BOOM! 2017:
"The Red, White, and Boom organization has specified that the show will take place on July 3rd or on Friday when July 4th falls on Saturday or Sunday. The choice of day is to avoid conflicting with community fireworks. RWB is not the City of Columbus' fireworks display... RWB is organized by the non-profit RWB organization which wanted to create a great event but not to replace community celebrations.Believe me... week-day displays suck. But with the show on the 3rd, many people get vacation days on the 4th so being out late isn't such a big deal. It actually helps those that can't make displays on the 4th because of a work day on the 5th. At least they can see a great fireworks display even if that is on TV.Depending on your view of the dates, you may or may not be happy that the next couple of years will also be mid-week shows. I really hope you are able to make it to the shows however, and are able to enjoy them!"
July 5, 2017 3:08 pm
Maggie commented on
8 New Restaurant & Bar Patios to Check Out This Summer:
"Someone should open a bar with the same concept as Recess Charlotte in Charlotte, NC! It's an adult playgound paradise complete with four square, tetherball, swings, and of course alcohol!"
July 4, 2017 8:17 pm
jman commented on
Hard Hat Tour: National Veterans Memorial & Museum:
"Can't wait for this museum to open. Looking good, making progress."
July 4, 2017 4:24 pm
jman commented on
"These are issues that need to be addressed so we can achieve equality for all."
July 4, 2017 10:13 am
precisioncontrol commented on
"Doubtful lol. The city doesn't require it or give any bonuses for density, so why would they?"
July 3, 2017 2:34 pm
Matthew W. Hall commented on
Columbus Ranked 2nd Best City for College Grads:
"Did the study designers actually GO to these places? One day in Cincinnati would lead them to question their rationale for their rankings."
July 3, 2017 1:55 pm
Jenelle Chapman commented on
Red, White & BOOM! 2017:
"It really sucks that they do red white and boom during the work week!!! They should have done it last Saturday, or even this Friday. Now if I do go my kids are going to be so tired and they have to get up early to go to daycare, and of course I'll be tired going to work and we won't be able to have no fun!!!"
July 3, 2017 12:23 pm
Quinn Hunt commented on
"It's fine if you made a mistake with the tags and its fine if you want to write about this, but we'll see how well that journalistic integrity holds up to something that doesn't fit the leftist narrative, like the next terrorist attack or antifa riot."
July 3, 2017 1:43 am
failureofleadership commented on
"Wow. Lost in the woods. Really. Really. Dumb. Even for these rubes. Is this a new satire site. It's Like maybe The Onion teamed up with Breitbart to mock people. Except it's not. Doing the heavy lifting of exposing the hate as always Walker. The parade is heavily policed because it is a heavily threatened event by actual hate filled people. That's the fact. The other fact is you are horrible hate filled people spreading bs."
July 2, 2017 10:45 pm
Walker Evans commented on
"Two quick notes:1) It's rare, but sometimes an article has an incorrect tag or categorization. It usually is corrected pretty quickly. No malicious intent if that kind of mistake gets made. The headline made it pretty apparent what this story was about, so it's doubtful that anyone's throats got any kind of shove because of a temporary category error.2) We report the news. This was a big story covered by every major media outlet in Columbus. To ignore it would be controversial. We'll continue to cover as many types of articles as possible about all facets of life in Columbus. If there are certain topics that you don't want to read, you have the choice not to read them.Happy 4th of July Weekend!"
July 2, 2017 8:16 pm
Indyout commented on
"I agree 100%.This site is doing everything they can to stir up controversy..It's so transparent and sad."
July 2, 2017 3:19 pm
Quinn Hunt commented on
"Can you please not post this crap in development? I understand that this is the section people read the most, but this is for news on urban development, not social justice identity politics. That's fine if you want to write about it, but please don't force it down our throats..."
July 2, 2017 1:25 pm
Anne Evans commented on
Local Fabric Designer April Rhodes Releases Two New Collections:
"Beautiful fabrics!"
June 30, 2017 10:55 pm
Basictech commented on
Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther Signs Executive Order on Immigration:
"We need to file a lawsuit, he is in direct violation of his oath of office."
June 30, 2017 10:17 pm
jman commented on
"Excellent to see this, and glad those parking lots are going away."
June 30, 2017 9:54 pm
diane beavers commented on
Local Fabric Designer April Rhodes Releases Two New Collections:
"Congratulations April! I've adored Arizona, didnt realize it was limited edition and I'm so happy to hear that you expanded upon it. It's truly beautiful and uniqu."
June 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Eridony commented on
Restaurant Review: Hot Chicken Takeover (Clintonville Version):
"I tried to go last Sunday around 3pm. The line went to the door, which didn't seem very long considering how fast it moves at the North Market. After 15 minutes I left because the line did not move once in that whole time. Other people started leaving around the same time.I don't know what was going on, but I hope it is not indicative of that location's regular service."
June 30, 2017 4:03 pm
cucbus commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"I was thinking of Leveque Tower as a statement building in terms of being a statement for the city, so I think we were defining statement architecture a bit differently."
June 30, 2017 1:14 pm
Pete commented on
Millennial Tower Proposal Going Back to Downtown Commission:
"I don't think of Leveque Tower as being statement architecture. I would call it art deco, which is a period specific style of architecture, such as Bauhaus or American Craftsman or even Mid Century Modern. In my view, to wrap a building with a video screen or LED is not style, it's .... just different. Like the convention center. Maybe this will emerge as a style of architecture. However I still won't like it."
June 30, 2017 12:37 pm
Eridony commented on
"You're right! for some reason when I read “We expect to see completion in the spring or summer of 2019,” I thought it said "construction" instead of "completion."That sounds a bit better!"
June 30, 2017 5:15 am